Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Shit i didnā€™t know the benchwheel remote had the board battery level functionā€¦

@dareno have you used it to show board battery?

1 Like

So according to this image from the benchwheel siteā€¦
Does this look like the right method of hooking up the receiver?

(Iā€™m assuming this would use the ā€œPPM and UARTā€ mode in app settings on the unity)

1 Like

TBā€™s website has a nice clear picture on the JST connectors needed to connect my TB 6374 sensor wires to an ESC, but since I donā€™t have any JST connectors and ElectricBoardSolutions appears to have the same adapter cable on this side of the pond, Iā€™m just looking for confirmation that this adapter cable is what I need to connect TB motors to a Unity.

1 Like

if you use the uart, you would not use ppm. uart with nunchuck, and you need to configure via usb through vsec tool, not the UI

Visually that looks right to adapt maytech to vsec

yeah, maytech to vesc, but what about TB6374 to Unity? Same adapter cable?

Torqueboard specs says their motors are jst-zh too, which are what maytechs are. Should be the same cable if their specs are right.

2 Likes

Just saying. You donā€™t need an extra adapter.

What do you mean I donā€™t need an extra adapter? My motor sensor jst is 1.5mm 6pin and Unity 6pin is 2mm, here is a pic:

1 Like

lol no you definitely need an adapter, or you need to cut off the plug and re crimp to a different plug.

2 Likes

Iā€™m about to buy 50 of each of these terminals and just keep these things stocked. People need them way too often.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve looked at small wire crimpers and a gazzilion different wires and connectors many timesā€¦ I think itā€™d be kewlā€¦ but I cannot imagine crimping these tiny wires would be easy-peasyā€¦ hmmmm

Those Engineer pliers look pretty promising with the Dupont terminals. I guess weā€™ll find out in a month when aliexpress delivers.

1 Like

let me knowā€¦ Iā€™m super interested in those crimpersā€¦ but unwilling to make the leap ā€œfor scienceā€

1 Like

Iā€™ll science so hard for you

2 Likes

Its easy once you get the hang of it. I use a ratcheting one that does not let go until it is fully compressed, stick the little pin in, ratchet until it just clamps the pin in the slot, put the wire in all the way and send it home. Never had a single one come apart. Key is making sure the larger diameter part of the crimp grabs the wire insulation

1 Like

are you flirting?

:smile: :kissing_heart: :thinking: :shushing_face: :innocent:

1 Like

yeah, I understand the concept and have crimpers for larger dia. wire/connectorsā€¦ molex etc. for motorbikes/cars/trucks I just not imagine crimping tiny hair-sized wire as being easy-peasyā€¦ plus the crimpersā€¦ the good ones are spendyā€¦

this is whatā€™s in my toolbox, its really solid for the price. It is definitely a little tedious, would not use it for anything involving large quantities.

I do prefer it over adapters though. My beef with adapters is theyā€™re just another potential failure point. The less plugs the better.

2 Likes

This is just one of my manyā€¦many bags of wire and pre-crimped connectorsā€¦ I find pinning and depinning connectors and splicing wire super simpleā€¦ Being able to crimp my own connectors would be bliss!

EDIT:
Thatā€™s not a bad priceā€¦ I may try your suggestionā€¦ I agree with you that I hate adapters!

3 Likes