Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

So that it could slot right in to they’re 6.6 and 4.2 dual plus esc’s although they ditched the pin design on the vx2 and went with plain wires.

2 Likes

Goddamn i hate flipsky.

So once the pins are gone, i can expect to see a little metal hole right?

If i just feed wire through hole, fold it down and solder in hole should be sweet?

3 Likes

Yes! That should work.

2 Likes

Ok. But it’s your fault if this goes south :rofl:

And thanks :call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Does anybody know what happened to enertion boards, or if there is even a slight chance of receiving a raptor if I ordered one? I’m asking because they no longer respond to emails and have removed most items from their shop.

3 Likes

Oh dear god no, friend. Unless you’re a twisted masochist who hates money, treat Enertion and the Craptor like a crazy, pus-covered homeless woman. By that I mean bang her, but don’t think of marrying her and bringing her home.

5 Likes

Just got a very noob question about battery discharge rate here :sweat_smile:

10s1p of 30Q cells discharges at 15A…

Why does 12s1p of 30Q cells discharges at 15A too? Shouldn’t it be 18A since there’s 12 cells?

1 Like

Current comes from cells in parallel, voltage comes from cells is series

5 Likes

Did you get Zachs shit explanation?

:laughing:

7 Likes

@Dareno , consummate team player.

2 Likes

We all have our roles to play in this endeavour

2 Likes

Mussolini had a role to play once.

4 Likes

Ok noted on that, so the thing that make 12s more powerful than a 10s is the voltage and not the discharge rate is that correct?

The 15A from 12s and 10s feels different, is that understanding correct?

Affirmative :+1:

2 Likes

9 lipos? I’m confused, why 9?

Three of these lipos (each lipo is 4s). Why do you say 9?

Correct

12s voltage is 50.4v at full charge, so at 15a you are using 50.4 x 15 = 756w

10s voltage is 42v at full charge, at 15a ; 42 x 15 = 630w

3 Likes

12s has 20% more voltage than 10s, and thus because volts x amps = watts, 20% more power.

2 Likes

Well here was another solution.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3747045
I designed it. Super sturdy.

2 Likes

Ahh nice. Good work, but I don’t like the L shape. I will go for the depinning option… they should give you an option.

2 Likes

Hey guys pretty new to esk8ing. I built a board with the torqueboard 90 kv DD motors using the vesc6.6 and the 12s4p battery from mboards. (i know not the best place to get stuff) Anyhow after setting everything up I had the max motor current set to 75A which i figured is safe given the 80A limit for the motors. Everything seemed fine when i was going up a pretty decent sized hill and about 3/4 of the way up i lost all power and went flying. Not sure if this is due to low voltage cutoff of the battery or the BMS on the battery pack. Based on earlier suggestions it is likely the bms current limit, (i have emailed the ppl i got the battery pack from to get the bms current) if that is the issue would it be better to re wire the bms so it is a charge only BMS or get a new BMS with a higher AMP rating say 100 or 150A ? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Thank you @glyphiks for the thorough explanation :+1:

I understand it now :smile:

2 Likes