Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Oh i know who
coughdeckozcough

3 Likes

Anything wrong with this one? It looks similar but it has a small PCB that the original doesn’t have, but the size looks right and its the same listed capacity/voltage

https://www.amazon.com/YDL-battery-Rechargeable-Lithium-Connector/dp/B07BTTLN5H/ref=sr_1_2?crid=1K5GMSRWB04HH&keywords=500mah+lipo+battery&qid=1576423720&refinements=p_85%3A2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sprefix=500mah+l%2Caps%2C139&sr=8-2

1 Like

I think that is fine. But i also remeber people putting much bigger batteries like 800-1200mh from memory but others would have to chime in. What remote is that?

TB nano, got it used from here. There is only space for a 38mmx22mm battery

1 Like

then what you linked should fit.

Actually, I’ll steal the 500mAh from my VX1 and get a 850mAh for it instead

2 Likes

How goofy? Did you snap a pic?

it looks way worse in real life.

2 Likes

Just hook it up to a resistor can do the math or use a circuit simulator to do the math for you but pretty sure 33ohm 1/2W resistor should work, can tie it between the leads and just leave it there for a day or like you said take it out to a parking lot and drive a nail through it but then gotta avoid breathing all the noxious stuff and just look sketchy for a bit. Bigger batteries better to use a bulb to bleed off the watt-hours quicker more watts burned is less time to 0

4 Likes

What about a pot of water? I can fill a solo cup with some filtered water and a small pinch of salt, then drop the battery in it so it bleeds all the heat into the water

Yah salt water is okay I guess never use that method myself though cause leads can corrode and stop conducting before the battery is totally dead, for small one less risk in the first place but still prefer slow resistive load for bleeding off the power.

1 Like

Wider deck. Although I prefer option B: narrower trucks

I’ve gotten random tiny lipo from eBay before

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR3.TRC2.A0.H0.X500mAh+lipo.TRS0&_nkw=500mAh+lipo&_sacat=0

Not sure why i went with wide trucks. Its gonna be a single drive either way.

2 Likes

That’s a mini BMS builtin to the cell. That’s preferred as it’s safer

For single drive, try the @Boardnamics 184mm :ok_hand:

I love some single drive

But i just bought the wide trucks :sweat_smile:

I don’t want to use a shortboard like deck. I want something flexi

1 Like

how short is too short? are 100mm hangers a viable option for a single drive board?

If you don’t get wheelbite and your drivetrain fits, the shorter hangers will respond quicker to lean input, and make steering more responsive. Theoretically, shorter hangers should not reduce turning radius, but sometimes it feels that way. They do make steering adjustment response time faster though and you feel more in control of the vehicle.

2 Likes

What’s the most efficient gear reduction for a specific kv motor and tire size.
190kv = 4/1?
170kv= 3.5/1?
80kv= 1/1?
58kv=1/1?
I’ve always wondered what the golden ratio is, given a certain tire size.