Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

One more small question in the chart on the top left for 100V what happens to the duty cycle line? just missing or behind something?

@wafflejock I’m pretty sure the duty is behind the red and yellow lines

and actually when the battery voltage is 100v, then 1% duty corresponds to 1v effective voltage to the motor etc so it’s directly beneath the yellow pwm effective voltage line, because they have the same value

1 Like

Can anyone tell me why my motors may be cogging like crazy on full throttle FOC after speeding past a few MPH? Sensors are working to keep startup smooth as butter… heres the symptoms:

Upgraded to 3.64 firmware from acks 3.102 and the issue started. The new vesc tool automatically detected 22 motor amps per motor, which I think is odd so I set each to 80A. On Ack’s, I get no stuttering until about 100A under full throttle. Is there some new FOC setting in vesc tool im missing? On Acks I would get very mild stuttering but only at Max speed on BLDC, now with this firmware it’s the opposite: hard foc stuttering anything past the sensorless ERPM value on full throttle it seems. I tried re-runni g FOC detection with warmer motors and that seems to have made the problem way worse… re-ran with different values, not sure.

1 Like

I’m not sure where to look for lipo battery building threads. The battery builders club is all about building Lion packs, but what are the do’s and don’ts of connecting lipos in series and parallel? This was inspired by a very brief convo I had with a lipo supplier on aliexpress :sweat_smile:

these packs are 3s packs so I wanted to connect 3 in series and 2 in parallel (6 packs total). Would that be a 9s2p pack then?

1 Like

Sure. This is all just positives and negatives, ~3.7v cells, same as liions. Lipos just tend to be grouped in multiple cells.

1 Like

am I correct in assuming the resulting pack would be a 9s2p? Trying to figure out how to enter the info into the 3dservisas calc

2 Likes

Correctamundo

1 Like

looking at these numbers and they’re looking pretty sweet to me

A post was merged into an existing topic: rideNEO GitHub, GPL contribution discussion

what is everyones thoughts on running tkp trucks on the latest evo version ?

how would you set them up and what are the pro’s and con’s ?

@Skunk @DEEIF @RipTideSports

2 Likes

I’ve never ran tkp on a board with built in split angles. @DEEIF has. But it would kinda make that adjustable baseplate pointless.
From what I’ve tried. I really like them on drop through decks, like the hummie or tb40.

2 Likes

true about the baseplate, i guess im just wondering about if the angles as they are make any sense on tkps

edit: im such a tkp fanboy that i wanna justify trying to fit them on my main board - i will accept reality tho if its just stupid :joy:

1 Like

The rear yes. The front idk. I never messed with the front much. Left it fixed.

2 Likes

i would assume that if i do try, i would leave the rear as it is and use the adjustable bp to dewedge the front back to neutral position if that makes sense

what i read is that tkp turning feel doesnt improve on a wedged front truck, and it would also add up with what i experienced tryin it with indy 215s

but id really like to be educated here :thinking:

1 Like

Bearings are normal industrial parts. You could use ZZ bearings for lower rolling resistance. But they are not completely sealed like 2RS bearings from MBS here.

3 Likes

those of you that have experience with the unity theirs an easy setup up and a tool setup that looks like vesc tool what can be gained by doing the harder tool setup seems alot more complex for first timers

I think there was a question in there… I haven’t actually used the Unity tool, but the big one is it limits your max battery/motor amps to well below the Unity’s max specs.
Other than that, it’s just a reduced version of the vesc tool software, only including the essential configs and wizards. There are are ton more settings in the full VESC tool software, but they mostly cover edge cases.

1 Like

As a unity user myself, I’d be interested to know if the default vesc tool even works with the unity…

If you keep the stock angles the same then it will be very carvy while weirdly stable at speed. Very very fun! I would highly recommend it if you need to do a lot of turns and some higheish speeds on the streets. If you need to venture above 40ish I would not recommend the TKP’s on an Evo though…

1 Like

It depends a lot on which TKP’s you are referring to. Are we talking Indys or SZ or what? In most cases, using TKP’s for speed I would de-wedge the rear only, using an EVO varient wedges the front and de-wedges the rear which is often overkill and you will need to reduce the front wedge to settle it down. Might work better on a neutral deck.

4 Likes