Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Yeah was more thinking in terms of already having a lot of mobile ui and Bluetooth experience to boot could be an extra or auxiliary module for people who want some cell level monitoring without the bms

Yea maybe lowest Kv for a given amount of turns as said. The details as to why is pretty much invisible magic and subtle and I donā€™t know the details. More so i think it allows the most wire and subsequent lowest electrical resistance. Iā€™ve wound lrk and itā€™s huge with wire but wouldnā€™t fit in the motor but a typical out runner it should fit.
I made some extra room in motors I wind for it in the future. Even with the fat end-turns which are said to be kinda wasted magnetically with no iron between them and the magnets the winding still shows well and especially for high torque. If ur motor is long the percent of wire wasted as end turns is lower

1 Like

you use android right

3 Likes

Oh shit yeah. Nice!

Edit: would be nice if it started at 10 cells rather than 12.

2 Likes

Excus my lack of knowledge, but why only wire up every other tooth? It currently has them all wired up

has slightest magnetic advantage with high torque situations and more importantly in my experience u can fit more wire in. The obstacle of getting wire into slots ā€¦all of hobbyking motors maybe have 70% fill while w a fat wire and LRK letā€™s say u can get in 80% ā€¦the electrical resistance follows and you just decreased losses by 33 percent. A 33 percent more powerful motor.

1 Like

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6001729&postcount=25

^according to this post, if you wind every other tooth, the number of turns must be doubled for the same kvā€¦

assuming itā€™s true to get double the number of turns on each tooth, it means on the outside of the coil the length of wire per turn will be higher (longer wire for the same kv) leading to increased resistance for the same kv if you wind every other tooth

1 Like

SO, I think I may have done a dumb0dumb. I ordered these flipsky 6384ā€™s with 190KV to run with MBS 9" fivestars and realized I definitely should have gone 170KV atleastā€¦Are those 190ā€™s gonna be useless with giant pneumies like that?? =/

Whatā€™s your battery weight and gearing?

1 Like

Itā€™s like a 10% differenceā€¦ you could go to a smaller motor gear too :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

should we help him lol? :rofl:
He is totally unaware of the situationā€¦

1 Like

Hey! I just swapped from electric.skateboard.buildersā€¦ why canĀ“t I post anything here?

6 Likes

Welcome mate!!
glad you came over!!
that is because you are new :wink:
@BillGordon may you grant him some powwerzzzz?
here is his profile https://www.electric-skateboard.builders/u/linux0701/summary

3 Likes

What was your name over there, bro?

1 Like

Bill this is him

1 Like

You just lolā€™ed your way out of some free stickers.

1 Like

oofā€¦

Thank you!

2 Likes

Well, do I need really griptape on my mtb, when Iā€™m fully strapped in? lol

1 Like

Favorite DE? :stuck_out_tongue: