Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Hangers 174mm then. Not the 218 of the tb. I would categorically say that no 6374 will fit on a dual set up. Open to some healthy discussion if someone wants to prove me wrong.

1 Like

just checked my sealed maytechs, and they are 74 mm and so is my unknown-manufacturer-darkmatter/flipsky-style motor

1 Like

Full can length? Including the nipple? Are they 6374mm motors?

1 Like

76mm overall.

1 Like

yes. full length.

my mounts are 5mm thick and then there’s another 5 mm gap to the belt. That gap could be a couple mm’s smaller, maybe 2-3.

(74 motor + 5 mount (in my case) + 3 gap+pulley lip + 12 belt (mm) ) x 2 = 188 - no gap between motors… ouch

edited. nevermind

I just went and measured again. You can add one more 1mm washer to each side and still have the nyloc nuts fully-threaded. So the absolute maximum is 190mm between wheels, TB110 in this case. If someone wants, I can check what different wheels would be if you ask and need to know.

But right now I’m going for a skate, be back in an hour or so

2 Likes

let’s try and squeeze some 6880’s on there then!

1 Like

Yeah the problem is the hanger length. Axles aside if you can’t spread the motor plates out sufficiently it won’t fit.
My 218’s have 176mm between the plates and they are at the very widest place possible (not relevant at all lol). Those hangers are 174mm so by my calcs you will have 2 spare mm. I wouldn’t buy them on those tolerances. Shit when stuff doesn’t fit.

Did make me eat my words on the motor size lol

1 Like

I think there’s a 50% chance it could work. Remember that number when buying stuff.

3 Likes

Could just use the tb 218 hangers on caliber baseplates with riptide bushings and pivots.
Or go bat shit crazy and sell a child for the 3d servisas

1 Like

Longer Axels would help

2 Likes

Yeah, natively 50m naxles come with SR TKPs, you can use up to 90mm axles with zero issues. I’m guessing but I think 70mm will be wide enough.

1 Like

so higher kv gives higher top speed lower gives more torque.

in a 4WD setup if I have dual 150kv 6384 on the rear and 200kv 6384 on the front - rear will drive the initial acceleration when it reaching its max the front take over to gain the higher speed - is this right or would there be problems on the rear due to being forced overmax?

1 Like

I didn’t try it by my own, but according to other people who already built a board with different kV motors, that should work out.

2 Likes

I’ve done it with x2 motors, just to test the concept. I got a little torque steer but the theory is sound. You should not be affected by torque steer if you keep the like KV monotos together.

2 Likes

@torqueboards

what is the bolt diameter for your clamps?

@moon 40PCD

1 Like

While checking out the Hoyt St. remote I noticed the battery system they are using. That looks to the untrained eye like a good way to get a board onto airlines. I travel quite a bit for work. It sure would be nice to have something to do in the evenings other than eat and drink when on the road. Has anyone tried to DIY something similar, or just use the Hoyt packs?

3 Likes

I started to do something with 3d printed cases for lipos a couple of years ago, but I just cant trust a 3d printed enclosure. The Hoyt battery packs are pretty cool though, 10s1p in each one and they are stackable. @DerelictRobot can tell you more.

3 Likes

Was looking to do something much like that for a travel board. Theyre nice packs, each one has its own BMS and charge indicator. And airline safe.

6 Likes