Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Major question:
What is the major difference between VESC-Project tool and the ackmaniac (esc) tool?
Which one do y’all prefer and why?

2 Likes

done the test, when joining all 3 there is no chopping in-between just one smooth action (with resistance) but when connecting phases one at a time there is chopping as stated :slight_smile:

I’ve been running Ack 3.102 for a very long time now, never felt the need to update. I am exchanging my standard HM-10 for metr pro.

• Is the new standard vesc firmware worth updating to over older Acks?
  • With metr pro and latest standard firmware, can I update both focboxes wirelessly now over Bluetooth?
  • latest standard firmware low speed FOC brake fix: is it any good? Jeff’s brake fix applied to Acks is a dream and I don’t want to leave that behind

And unrelated questions:

• Is Davega only for viewing stats or can you connect to it like a BT module and change board settings?

• 120mm foamies… are they really 10mm worth of diameter more speed than TB 110s or does the compression not only increase rolling resistance but because of the squishing do they act more like 110mm wheels speed wise?

3 Likes

Should an anti spark read a voltage when it’s “off”?

It’s got a black/yellow/red wire, which crossing should do what?

Trying to find out about range on AT wheels compared to urethane, i know urethane gives better range but by how much? I had a feeling going from urithane to AT wheels would take about 40% off your range?

1 Like

Thane is typically half of AT’s +/- 10%.

1 Like

Thane is actually TWICE the range of ATs +/-10%

6 Likes

Thanks guys!
I clarified with @mmaner and he was talking about the wh per mile on the different types of wheels

5 Likes

Hi,

I am about to order Hummie deck enclosure from BigBen and can’t decide whether to go for 12s4p singlestack or 12s8p doublestack. I will be running china AT wheels preferably with dropthrough, therefore I am little worried about ground clearance and overall sleekness and weight of the board, the singlestack looks really sleek and slim. I am not sure I need the bigger battery as this will be my first pneumatic board after my 10s3p thane build. Has anybody faced similar dilemma?

2 Likes

What trucks? And what terrain? My experience is either go double stack top mount or single drop through… I’m on single stack, top mount with 6mm risers on surfrodz tkp. That gives enough clearance to drop kerbs slowly and to ride on rough stone tracks. If you’re just road riding you might get away with lower clearance…

1 Like

Still please help?

Tb218. Light offroad capability would be nice. My fear is that I will find the battery is not big enough and will be stuck with mediocre range. What is your range experience with singlestack?

1 Like

What kind of lubricant would you guys use?
(can’t have zelaous bearings) and my current Trampa bearing after 700km start to make some kind of squeaking noise sometimes.
I’ve seen the bones speed cream to be one of the most famous ones, but is that lubricant? Or is it some form of a cream.

Do trampa superstar and mbs rockstar II hubs have the same mounting pattern? I see they are both 5 spoke, but I cannot find anything on the exact spacing between mount points. Thanks :slight_smile:

EDIT:
Found the answer to this…

Hi, it depends if you want to be able to carry the board, like into a store or whatever. If you’re going to actually use it for transportation you may want to go for the lighter battery.

If it’s being built for a toy, then maybe the bigger battery.

1 Like

https://giphy.com/gifs/prOW0rs0JuX2U

1 Like

I get about 32Wh/ mile with high speeds (40-50km/h and lots of off road. It’s more like 20- 25Wh/mile with moderate speed and road only. My pack is a 12s4p 30q so its an easy 10 miles with lots of reserve worst case.

2 Likes

Hi, i lookin’ for a new lipo pack after killed the old, for my emtb (offroad use), i would have 80amps continue on each motor (vesc6+8085aps) on 12s setup

this

or this

why no one use this 6s 20Ah ? some reason ?

1 Like

If you want 80A continuous then those “15C” and “12C” packs aren’t going to work well.

Try to find a “50C” or “80C” pack

C means “per hour” so for example 20Ah times 12C equals 240A

The only problem is that manufacturers severely exaggerate these numbers as a marketing gimmick. You can probably divide by 5.25 to get “actual usability” numbers, so that would mean 22.8A per motor on that pack

If you bought ten of those 6S 12C packs and connected them 5P for a total of 12S5P then you’d have a 12S 100000mAh pack that can do 228A, but it’d cost way too much and be way too heavy

4 Likes

ok, i forgot 80A continuous, i only try to find a power pack who can drive correctly my motors and vesc6, thanks for explanation