Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I’ve started really liking the MR60 for serviceability reasons mostly. Making the enclosure and drivetrain two separate parts is a huge time saver if you have to work on something, and if water resistance / waterproofing is in your design.

3 Likes

I appreciate the effort you put into this to make seem like a truly laborious process, but I’m going to stare you down and do a hair flip in your direction. You and your MR-60s been served.

3 Likes

The most laborious part he didn’t even include. That’s when you’re almost done and realize you forgot to put one or two of the pieces of heatshrink on the wire before you soldered it.

BOOM

MG Chemicals #4223 to the rescue

3 Likes

Oh gawd… do I love a good chick-fight!!!

carry on…

1 Like

Where is The “I have No Idea what you’re talking about button?”

2 Likes

thanks, but I sit at the head of the kidz table right next to @DerelictRobot

1 Like

dielectric grease

1 Like

Yeah everyone knows to heatshrink bullets lol

2 Likes

Or you can solder it, put a sealant on it like MG Chemicals #419D, heatshrink it before sealant dries, then another coat of sealant. A great connection, waterproof, and you can resolder through the sealant if you ever need to.

Can you resolder through marine adhesive?

1 Like

dielectric grease

1 Like

I’m talking about adding 3 layers. And you can do it for bullet connections or solder connections but for bullets I prefer only the sealant on the outside of the heatshrink

nevermind
thanks for your indulgence
I have chosen my path, even so, I have considered your suggestions…
it’s 4mm bullets, I have them, they match all my existing hardware, I choose not to change! My Unity is coming in less than 2 days, and i wanna skate@

Is our business done here?

EDIT: pedantic replies dutifully ignored…

BTW… exactly how many ways are there to skin a cat?

1 Like

If i remember correctly, reverse on the vx1 works only via PPM and not UART. i use it in uart and don’t have reverse either. That was the only difference between uart and ppm.

1 Like

36gukp

2 Likes

not directed at anyone in particular, but as one matures, one does come to the realization that there are indeed many ways to solve a particular situation, and, based on circumstances one solution, does not apply in all random circumstances…

and as as the bard said, so, many, many years ago said “You’re not the smartest monkey on this boat!”

2 Likes

I mean I can make it go in reverse by using current mode in either, but that’s not the reverse with brakes that I want that only comes from VX1 UART reverse mode

yeah its like i said. Reverse only works in one of the 2 variants. Either its UART or PPM. Seems to be UART but you use that already, right?

Yeah, I don’t like PWM reverse but it works, I’d prefer UART reverse (which should be enabled) but it doesn’t work

Well i don’t use reverse or UART so i can’t test it. But if i remember correctly i also had problems with uart. Not sure if it was reverse at that time or the general connection.

1 Like