Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

Check with @BigBen and @eBoosted about enclosures

1 Like

extra weight? hahahaha I thought it could save weight because of only one motor and just one esc so much more space for energy source :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :thinking:,

1 Like

would it be sufficient enough though?

Tillers !!!

1 Like

Suggest either learning to model this yourself or find someone local who can give you test prints 2D and 3D to check measurements on things, have designed things for a few people in the past remotely and this is always an issue. Also be ready to pay for design time if you donā€™t have the time or inclination to learn a CAD too (personally fan of onshape, but lots of fusion360 users out there too, anything that offers parametric and constraint based modelling will work). Search thingiverse as well make sure mmaner or another user hasnā€™t already published a thing that works for you (I have a few enclosures and my transmitter/radio on there as well)

Iā€™m aiming to reuse the hole in my enclosure previously made (thanks Cory) for the antispark switch, for my new loopkey.

My question is, how should I go about making this hole the proper size for the XT90?

(Itā€™s an Eboosted enclosure, if that changes any of your answers)
Please, refrain from recommending advanced techniques, Iā€™m rather challenged when it comes to using tools. Thanks.

On hand Iā€™ve got a Dremel, plenty of sandpaper, and my old manā€™s tool shed

Drill a couple of holes, smaller than the perimeter of the panel mount, then detail sand with a file and some folded sand paper.

2 Likes

Will update when finished, thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well Iā€™ve got everything hooked up, but I just realized I canā€™t plug in the loopkey as the connecting wire isnā€™t insulated :joy::man_facepalming:

What would you recommend for something like this?

Excuse my jb weld covered fingers

Iā€™ve got some silicone I could dunk it in. Once itā€™s dry itā€™s not conductiveā€¦(right?)

Correct, Mike also has an awesome 3d printable loopkey cover on thingiverse

1 Like

Unfortunately I donā€™t have a 3d printer :sweat_smile:

Ill use Paracord and silicone to get what Iā€™m after, should work fine

Definitely. Make sure it isnā€™t plugged in while you silicone obviouslyā€¦ Not that I thought you would try and plug it in bare but, you know, gotta be safe.

1 Like

Did I forget to throw in the cover?

I swear I put one in there

1 Like

Yeah yeah :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Thank you.

1 Like

Is the cover that black 3d printed piece the xt90 slips Into?

To be fair I opened it in the dark last night because I was just too excited

Iā€™ll look in the box

It came with this piece (pictured below) and the wiring

It was a black cover for the exposed bit.

Ill check to see if I have it on my end.

1 Like

If not itā€™s all good, Iā€™ve got to go to the hw store to get Paracord and those bolts and nuts I PMd you about :+1:

1 Like

Id cover it in JB Weld or something else similar. You definitely donā€™t wanna touch that if your grounded.

1 Like

When I did one of mine I used 10 awg silicon wire that I solder as the loop. Had paracord braided sleeve around the wire and secured it with jb weld.
Jb weld that thing up abd youā€™re golden

2 Likes

E: I totally misread what you wrote, I plan on doing exactly what you said :slight_smile:

1 Like