Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

@Deodand, I noticed this menu the other day for the first time. Can you please give me a brief summary of what these values do and expected outcomes of changing them?

1 Like

@Venom121212 i can tell you with what I understand from charles’ words that the transition is at what rpm sensors turn off. He told me to bring it up when full throttle from standstill was making my motors wizz without spinning

2 Likes

Thanks for the data bud, I appreciate it.

1 Like

It’s explained in here :smiley:

2 Likes

Follow up from previous post. I re-calibrated the remote and that was definitely off, so the good news is I made it up the hill! The not so good news is my speed was ~3mph. Is this what I should expect, or is there something else I should look at? VESC settings as follows:

Motor_Min=-60.0
Battery_Max=45.0
Battery_Min=-16.0
Cutoff_Start=34.0
Cutoff_End=31.0
Temp_Start=85.0
Temp_End=100.0
Watt_Max=0
Speed_Limit=35.1
Wheelsize=90
Motor_Teeth=16
Wheel_Teeth=36
Motor_Poles=14
Battery_Cells=10
Battery_Wh=290

1 Like

Does anyone know what this type of connector is? I am trying to extend the unity power cable without modifying it.

5 pin jst ph or zh.

Measure the pin to pin distance in mm and let me know the result

If it’s 2mm, it’s ph.

If it’s 1.5mm, it’s zh

1 Like

hello
i am about to order 2 of the above, is my motor selectoin ok for these vescs
190kv, 6374 or higher? maby
thanks

1. Pretty much any 190kv bldc motor should work.
  2. The only restriction is that you might have to remap the sensor cables. :slightly_smiling_face:
    @jonisingt35r
2 Likes

Looks like 2mm to me

1 Like

Should be jst ph then. I might have a few laying around. You in the US by chance?

What is Motor Max? What motor is it?

Yep. (MN)

Got you mane. Pm me your address and I’ll send you one. It’s 200mm long, that work?

2 Likes

200mm would work great! PM sent.

1 Like

Noob question here. I have a 10s4p 30q. I’m currently running one motor but will soon be running two motors. When i upgrade to two motors, since my battery max amp output is 60a, does that mean each motor is only getting 30a?

Yes, you’ll need to lower “battery max” to 30A on each one. (same thing with battery min) You will still have more power available though. “motor max” is still higher, regardless of number of motors. (same with motor min)

1 Like

So I’ll be putting less strain on each vesc?

Yup half current so 1/4 heat dissipation needed assuming all else is equal (there is still more parts with friction to contend with and more parts to fail on a dual setup though). The erpm is still the same per motor so can still possibly blow drv because of that if older vesc variant and running high voltage/kv combo.

1 Like