Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I did heatshrink them too. Even heavy offroading didn’t do anything.

I would solder them, put sealant on the solder joint, and heatshrink over the sealant before it dries.

A little tip for joining large gauge wires with solder, is to thoroughly tin each one first, only the very tip (don’t strip much insulation back) and then after they are both tinned, cut the ends off perfectly flat with sharp wire cutters, so they both have a flat face. Put the flat faces together and heat until the solder melts.

Of course @DerelictRobot has a reason to think this is shitty and you should never do this, so probably listen to him instead.

1 Like

1 Like

What sealent do you use?
And also can you use an XT90 connector as your charge port?

I would not use an XT90 for a charge port, maybe an XT60.

I use the MG Chemicals Acrylic conformal coating #419D. You can solder through it if needed later.

Of course @DerelictRobot has a reason to think this is shitty and you should never do this, so probably listen to him instead.

1 Like

NOOOoooooooo!!!

2 Likes

2 Likes

that person in purple, is that a women or a man lol

I would not call that sealent, it is coating in my head :slightly_smiling_face:
btw have you ordered some yet for me?:grin:

1 Like

those trucks look amaaaaaazing. i will never be able to save money. how much?

1 Like

a fucking shit ton.
i think like $800

2 Likes

Many thousands of miles at this point, I can say personally that a final heatshrink wrap over the phase wire connections has worked great for me. I’ve never had a single issue.

3 Likes

i knew it…motors included or no?

3 Likes

It’s everything but motors actually.

Trucks, motor mounts, pulleys, wheels.

The wheels alone are $200 retail or so if I recall.

4 Likes

dayuuuuum. well that aint toooo bad…right

2 Likes

What I find funny about them is the fact that no matter what motor you put on them still looks like they’re too small for the truck :joy::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I have some 63100s I’m going to compensate with, potentially.

1 Like

I’d have to see em mounted but my opinion will probably be the same…too small :joy:

3 Likes

right…

1 Like

What brand did you get?

1 Like

@Myke

Saite. Looks very similar to APS construction so take that as you will.

These are line samples at 63100 180kv 10mm shaft w/ sensors.

1 Like