Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

those were popular few years ago, they look like they are 0Ā° same as MTB.

http://shop.carveusa.com/products/carveboard-natural

2 Likes

any more suggestions on how i could fix this ?

should i try making an ā€œadapterā€ out of epoxy that rests inside the clamp ? im really looking for a non permanent solution

Iā€™d suggest using some shim stock - very thin sheetmetal used in machine shops and the like. Itā€™s available in a lot if different thicknesses from <0.001" all the way up to regular sheetmetal thickness, and available in lots of different materials too - steel, stainless, brass, etc. Itā€™s available from McMaster, Amazon, and a lot of other places.

Basically get some shim stock and use it to fill up the gaps between the clamp and the truck.

To answer your earlier question directly, it is possible to just space things farther apart, but IMO itā€™s better if at all possible to keep things as close together as possible to avoid excessive bending forces - I actually broke a motor shaft clean off by having my belt too tight.

1 Like

Youā€™ll need bearing adapters that sits inside the superstar rim and takes 608 bearings. These are boardbumpers and Trampas offerings:

2 Likes

thanks for those suggestions guys, combined this could become a really cheap and easy fix if i can pull it off!

1 Like

Straight forward question. Will two 6384 motors fit on Torque V5 motormount with 218mm trucks? (inward mount)
Thanks

Iā€™m pretty sure no, 6380 would be the biggest you can fit.

Does anyone have a picture of hummie deck next to prototypo? To compare the stanceā€¦

what connector is this

it is the evolve motor sensor plug

looks like 5 pin JST XH or JST PH

i have a funny newb questionā€¦

why is there no dual remote /slidepuck solution that allow control in the opposite hand while one slidepuck is on the ground ?

in my puny mind this sounds like a lot of fun

Weird things happening.

Yesterday setting up my board = no problem

Today 1 of the motors does not want to run in BLDC mode.

When switching it to FOC the motor spins.

Motors: Flipsky 6374 3250W

Anyone?

1 Like

Did you rerun motor calibration?

1 Like

yes I did, the other motor does just fine.

1 Like

swap the left motor phase wires with the controlers right phase wires and same with the other motor and tell me the result

2 Likes

To be clear, BLDC sensored or unsensored?

All done, its not the fsesc.
Still doesnt work when connected to the second esc.

Btw: second item from Flipsky that gives me troubleā€¦

1 Like

Sensored

Can you pull them and try again?

1 Like

Also done, same result.

1 Like

And no touching or exposed connector on phase wires?