Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

People who have bought from surf rodz! How long did shipping in the US take? Just found out I have a friend from there visiting in 2 weeks, and want to know what the chances are of a set of hangers arriving to him on time :open_mouth:

1 Like

all cheap tools suckā€¦ especially cheap ass hex tools. do yourself a favor and save time and misery and buy some quality tools for working on your board.

and from Poppa Johns, Iā€™ll take a large Hawaiian Pizza with Jalapenos, thanksā€¦

3 Likes

What @kook said. Wera Hex Plus are worth all $35 or whatever they cost now. Trust me.

6 Likes

thanks for reminding me I still have a harbor frieght ball socket head stuck in a pulley that broke off, oh and the jalapenos w/ Hawaiian sounds bomb

5 Likes

Just did the hand test and it behaved as it should. I also connected it to the vesc that was connected to the other motor that worked fine. The problem motor did the same exact weird thing on the motor detection

1 Like

I prefer these over weras

1 Like

What version of software are you using?

I donā€™t like the hexagon shape of those, and while I havenā€™t tried those specifically, the hexagon shape leads to stripping, especially in the 2mm size, and itā€™s typically the bolt that strips and not the wrench.

The ā€œhex-plusā€ shape from Wera helps because itā€™s pressing on a surface and not a point, which drastically reduces stripping.

download%20(45)

3 Likes

Ive had both, keeping the bondhus was an easy decision

very easy

Ackmaniac 3.102 on mac

1 Like

There is a little question mark in the motor detection area click that and try the suggestions. Typically I need to increase duty cycle from 5% to like 12% or more for a detection to happen.

The alternative thatā€™s not quite as good, is if they are the same make and model of motor, and if you are using ā€œunsensored BLDCā€ mode, then copy the ā€œintegrator limitā€ and ā€œBEMF couplingā€ numbers from the motor that detected successfully and then you donā€™t need to do a detection. Though itā€™s better to have a customized number for that exact motor, itā€™s not required.

Also you should avoid buying iTurds.

1 Like

Little question

My VESC 6.6 only reads 0.05v for the receiver port

And that kinda doesnā€™t power my receiver

It was the wiresšŸ˜‚

1 Like

any specific reasons?

2 Likes

Bondhus felt no nonsense and stronger. They also have a lifetime warranty

The weras for 2.5 and below felt weak and quite flexible. I thought this instantly and asked a few people if they broke any and they didā€¦

If it helps I havenā€™t stripped any bolts yet with these. I know its an unpopular opinion here but it is something that I have observed

3 Likes

i actually had a wera set and bought specifically for that pulley i mentioned above.

Problem was the extra girth the color left made it so i couldnā€™t fit it all the way down the thread, so it couldnā€™t even reach the allen set screw, thats when i got the harbor frieght ones, got it out but then when re tightening it the ball head snapped off so here I lie lol

1 Like

I have broken one Wera wrench but I easily obtained a replacement for just the broken one for like $6 without buying a whole new set.

The problem is that typically itā€™s not the wrench that breaks ā€” itā€™s way more often the bolt that strips. Especially the small ones, like grubscrews that are stuck on and/or rusty and youā€™re trying to get something off.

Iā€™d much rather take an occasional $6 wrench break than spend 5 hours trying to figure out how to get a stripped grub screw out of my drivetrain without destroying something. In my experience, the frequency of ā€œstripped bolts with hex shaped wrenchesā€ is about ten times as frequent as ā€œbroken wrenches with hex-plus shapesā€.

So, to each their own, I guess. :smiley:

4 Likes

also go take a look at the amazon reviews. Pretty impressive on the bondhus sets.

1 Like