Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

I got it to work now :upside_down_face: If anyone every needs help on Xmatic profiles I got you :joy: Also @mmaner can I get a title? :upside_down_face:

I swear to God, the person to ask me for a title is gonna get PENIS WRANGLER! :joy:

3 Likes

Still a title I guess :slightly_smiling_face::joy: (don’t you get any ideas)

Edit aww shit you already added 1

1 Like

Got it covered.

4 Likes

ROFL, you are a hero sir :grinning:

1 Like

Hehe I feel special(er) now…

For some BMS you need to, for others you don’t. I don’t have a D140 handy. Look at it closely and see if the B0 balance wire is connected to B- on the circuit board. If they are connected, you do not need to connect B- "IF" you are running your ESC bypassed. (directly from battery and not P-)

So likely you only need the 13 balance wires and no other wires going to BMS – except charge port negative, of course, which goes from {C-, or P- if missing} to a fuse then the charge port body

2 Likes

All these people asking for titles are so entitled…
I’ll see myself out.

2 Likes

That was bad and good at the same time.

2 Likes

Yay! I’m special! I’m calling my mom and telling her the good news!

1 Like

I still think @brenternet’s title should be “The Heinous Peinous”

5 Likes

I often have to give myself tech support. One of my personalities is a fucking brain dead idiot.

2 Likes

Hey Mike-

Can I get a…oh no.

6 Likes

That title was not me. It was probably @BillGordon

1 Like

I just scooters fair lemonade, I may die :grin:

1 Like

@Saturn_Corp yes it can be that there is an issue with your pack. The overall voltage you can get displayed by the vesc tool unfortunately doesn’t tell you.
I have a similar issue sometimes on one of my charger depending on which order I plug the charger in. Try wall plug first than barrel to the board and the other way round if that’s not working. Really could just be the charger.
If you afraid the pack is out of balance or something you need to open up the pack as min till the balance plug to measure each p-group with a multimeter.

2 Likes

So I just got home from school Andy my bother told me that he plugged the charger into the skateboard (the charger was not plugged into the wall) then some smoke came now the xt60 plugs look burned

I have not opened the board yet but the board turns on fine and the wheel turns

What could he problem be and how should I diagnose it

Hopefully I just need to replace the xt60

When you don’t have the charger plugged in to the wall first, it will almost always pop/spark the circuit. It usually doesn’t do that much damage though.

Definitely replace the xt connectors to be safe

3 Likes

if you can measure the voltages of each p group
but it could just mean that the connection with the battery and the charger is just bad, try wiggling the jack connectors around and see

1 Like

are you sure he didnt somehow plug it the other way around?

2 Likes