Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

where can you get genuine amass connectors? Is banggood and amazon a reliable source?

Unsensored motor connections

Battery/loopkey power connections

ESC power connections

2 Likes

Still one of the best tips I’ve come across

2 Likes

I am going to order all the parts soon, let me know if I need anything else or should change something.

• Deck: landyachtz 9 two 5
• Remote: flipsky vx1
• Vesc: flipsky 6.6
• Motor (2): TB 6374 or 6380 190kv
• Mechanical kit: TB dual motor kit with 110mm wheels and 218mm trucks.
• Battery: TB 12s4p
• Power switch: DON’T KNOW
• Bullet extension wire (2x): TB
• Sensor wires (2x): TB
• xt90 connectors: Hobbyking

Is it a big difference between the 6374 190kv TB and 6374 170kv TB.
Should I go for a loopkey or a powerswich. And if so where should I buy them.

Thanks!

2 Likes

6380 = 4100W
6374 = 3150W

The 6380 have more power and more torque because of the lower KV and since they are bigger they will stay cooler which is a +.If top speed is a priority then 6374 are better but the difference is minimal. The price difference is worth it
Loopkey is way more reliable (and cheaper) because if you have a anti-spark power switch and it fails ( they all do at some point) your ESC will be dead.
So either you go with Loopkey or you buy a Focbox Unity and those have inbuilt power switch so you don’t need a loopkey. Buying an antispark always puts a doubt in your head.
If you buy a Unity i strongly recommend the platium warrenty.

1 Like

Will I go faster with the 6380? How should I mount the loopkey?
How does a loopkey work?

slower, But only by 5/7 km/h
Your top speed with 97mm wheels and 6380 is 56km/h

Speed isn’t based on the size of the motor. It only determines the heat produced by the can
@PixelatedPolyeurthan why are you writing them with wattage rather than kv rating?

But will it have more torque?

1 Like

Yes, the 6380 will have more torque. The more the better. You can’t have too much, you can limit that in the vesc settings
@Flasher @professor_shartsis if i have said something stupid please correct me.

1 Like

The lower kv motor will have more torque per amp regardless of size and the bigger motor will have a higher power rating because of the physically larger copper winding which can have lower resistance and therefore generate less heat for the same motor current.

1 Like

I get your concern, but Alvin already stated he’s very comfortable with speed.

3 Likes

No no you’re fine. I didn’t read it all. Just dont want someone who only read for 30 minutes to go out and die on the maiden voyage

2 Likes

Yup, cool when we all look out for each other.

1 Like

I made this account yesterday, but I have been planning to build a electric skateboard for 6 months. I have another account on enertions forum where I have been reading quite a bit.

4 Likes

So basically the 3D servisas calc is completly wrong lol??
The Maximum theoretical torque at maximum motor amps per wheel after reduction is 7.5Nm on the 6374 190kv 3100W
And
10.9Nm for the 6380 170kv 4100W motors.

Cool… I planned with 2 years of reading, research and more reading. Who were you on the other side? @BillGordon beam him up scotty ?

You’re good. Was looking just now. Alvin, are you member or regular status on Enertion forum? If so, let me know your name there and I’ll match it as Flasher suggested.

2 Likes

@BillGordon Found him

1 Like

I am a regular on the enertion forum :roll_eyes: I don’t have a clue how you get those status’s though lol

1 Like