Archived: the OG noob question thread! 😀

Autozone guy said if I use a fuse that is bigger then my needs, it’ll overcharge, I think it’s bullshit, lol

2 Likes

It’s bullshit. The guy doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

3 Likes

You want the current rating double to triple what you’ll use it for. Voltage rating ideally should be 58V but if it’s 24V it’s not the end of the world and it’ll work fine

So it’s a 4 amp charger, 10s battery, 7.5 amp fuse

How does this look? I got the water proof thing for the fuse so the vibrations won’t kill it overtime

Finishes wiring everything and it works!!

1 Like

Soldering question:
Wanted to build my own XT60 parallel splitter for running dual ESC’s and found this video. Won’t this short out my ESC’s making one like this??

Go fire that person. I know you don’t work there but still.

3 Likes

Sooo just got back from my e-bike project (was gone for about 9 months) and saw a new VESC fw4.12 passing by that cost 60USD. So if possible could someone update me on the best VESC`s currently available. Running on an 12S 100A lipo setup in FOC.

Is a focbox still the best single VESC? or is the FESC 6.6 better? Are there any other new competitors? Are the new vesc`s capable of running 12S FOC such as the maker x vesc?

@whaddys just as long as + and - don’t touch each other… you’re good :+1:

2 Likes

IMO, having used stock hw4.12 and Trampa vesc6, the vesc6 (and now 6+) are hands-down the absolute best esc on the market if money is no object.

Focbox is good, flipsky vescs based on HW6.x are pretty good too, and both options are cheaper than the Trampa, but the Trampa vesc6 is still all-around King in my book.

2 Likes

If it got shorted it should stop working or work abnormally after that right?

But mine works just fine after I plugged the phase wire back :thinking:

@torqueboards what is this, a rip off mount?

Seen someone post this on FB
Is this safe too charge in my 12s6p 30q pack & how long you think it’ll take too full charge the 12s6p pack ?

This is only 220wh, your 12s6p has 700+wh, would be pretty pointless to charge with this.

@KaramQ a very old version. It is ours.

1 Like

I find a lot of ebay sellers marketing your old shit.

Old factory mabye.

looks like he’s getting rid of stuff

2 Likes

@Esk8Cali It’s safe, as in it won’t blow up anything. But like Tipsy said, it’s only 220wh, which at best case will only charge your pack from 0 to 28%. Probably closer to 20-25%, given losses in the inverter and charger.