Archived: the OG noob question thread! šŸ˜€

These dude? @ZachTetra

1 Like

Looks like it, they accept standard 200x50 tubes and tires?

Idkā€¦ theyā€™ve just been sitting in a box getting moved around my house for a year.
Bought a complete mtb so mmaner could get the deck. J0KER3366 got the trucks, this was whatā€™s left.
I can pull then apart and check tomorrow. Already put them away. Getting ready to crash.

1 Like

Change of trade for the ABECs? :crossed_fingers:t2:

8x2 and 6x2 rims arenā€™t compatable right?

I wouldnā€™t think so.

If you want them send me a pm. Weā€™ll work it out.

1 Like

Has anyone tried this vesc?

3 Likes

This one @pookybear

4 Likes

Pretty good? Thinking of getting it for my next build. Iā€™m staying away from enertion at the moment.

Soā€¦ why isnā€™t there any tubeless pneumatic wheels out there? Rimtape and a compressorā€¦ wouldnā€™t that work??

1 Like

I actually havenā€™t tried it yet. Still building.
Its new. Iā€™d probably sell it at a good price if youā€™re interested.

1 Like

Out of curiosity, what is the weight of the EVO deck?

1 Like

I want to add TVS diode to my build (im using Flipsky Vesc 4.12 and 10s4p lipo + DieBieMS) where exactly should i put it and what are the specs of the diode ( i mean V, A , W)

Its a silly question, but is the rush of current when plugging in my charger similarly detrimental to the rush of current when powering my antispark (luna 100a switch) on? I know that more advance antisparks have a work around for this, but do BMSs? Is there anything I can do to help sustain the health of my BMS?

I figure they are built to handle it, butā€¦ :man_shrugging:

Plug your charger into the board first then into the wall. The charger will help attenuate the surge.

Gotcha. I figured it worked in a way similar, I just didnā€™t know if there was anything more I can do to help it :+1:

Does range per volt drop as voltage drops? Like if Iā€™m getting 3 from 40 to 39 volts, will I still get 3 miles from 33 to 32 volts?

I would think so (that range per volt drops as voltage drops), because at a lower voltage you need more amp hours for the same amount of energy (watt hours) which determines range, and the voltage drop curve of batteries being drained at a sustained power level is not linear. (Itā€™s quite linear if discharged at a constant current, which leads me to believe it wouldnā€™t for constant power)

No.

Also, high-quality chargers donā€™t even have that issue, they ramp the voltage very slowly.

Cheaper chargers do that though but itā€™s not an issue.

1 Like

Average deck is around 4-5 lbs

2 Likes

Any USA resident who services MCU repair?