Apex Jump Drive

We are planning on making a generic cookie type affair for other wheels in the future but our concentration at the moment is on the wheels that we and our customer use on eMTB.

That adaptor fits 3 different rims as it stands

6 Likes

Yeah I mean I think the most common one besides MBS is Newbee

If we’re talking about CNC rims anyway

Ive only ever seen one set here and that’s the set in my garage but yeah we can make some generic wheel adaptors to use bolts but we wanted to launch with the push fit for now

2 Likes

That makes sense - maybe more people have them stateside

So Nice !

I have 2 questions :

• what is the maximum diameter possible for the motor on apex air truck ?
  • do you offer 8mm and 10mm bore pinion ?
1 Like

It’s here! First!!!

Time to read about it now

Edit: This looks sick. What a cool option, and especially at the price point

2 Likes

These look awesome. Id like to see a video of freeroll as well as the sound these make when loaded. I am also curious how you have the external backlash setting done. How do you ensure that the backlash doesn’t drift over time?

Congrats on the launch of what seems like a very epic product!

8 Likes

Looks awesome

Quick questions

Did you by any chance have any issues with the circlips as in the past they seemed a little dodgy to be holding the motor to the pinion just using that

Also how wide are the gears
They look super thing which I guess is good as long as they can stand the abuse

M4, thx :slight_smile:

5 Likes

We have tested up to 63100mm motors. larger may be possible but we have not tested those configs.

Only 8mm for now…

freeroll is way better than other gear drives due to our use of rotary shaft seal rather than the standard v seal found in other dirves.

6 Likes

Not in the 1000+ miles of abusive testing done by our team of test riders.

Proper use of thrust bearings and symmetric gearsets keeps forces pointing where it should be, reducing strain on the motor bearings and circlips.

They can handle the abuse. one of our testers was selected as he was a serial moon drive gear smasher. He did some proper abusive things that made us shudder. full throttle landings, powered curb hops. He recorded a lot of video and im sure he will be posting it when he has the time.

11 Likes

How about a step down shaft (10 to 8mm) any issue there with the thrust bearing?

Are these mod 1 gears?

How is compatibility with other motors without the circlip?

2 Likes

This is excellent gents, nice.

4 Likes

What length motor shaft is necessary to run these drives? My motor shafts are already slightly cut.

Step down shafts will depend on the step length from the motor face. but most should work if your forgo the thrust bearing.

Fine with standard 24mm shaft length like moon drives, you just got to lock-tight like you would with any other drive.

5 Likes

Now that is quite the feat of design and engineering, that. You’ve gone and knocked it out of the fucking park haven’t you, you bastards? When it’s your products doing the talking, there’s no arguments. Fair play, respect due.

7 Likes

Yeah hopefully the work here talks for its self.

We think these are truly the next step in drives.
Smaller and lighter than anything else right now.
Robust but easy to maintain.
Already heavily tested.
Amazing thermal performance.
All with an original and distinctly APEX style.

Id be willing to bet any other drive manufacturer is currently rethinking what they are working and it wont be long before we start seeing people adopting the concepts we have use here.

8 Likes

These look super sexy! I too have a couple questions:

• The photo for this doesn’t load for me; I’m interested in seeing what this rotary shaft seal is like! I f*cking hate v-rings!
  • So… which way round did you go? Does accelerating push the gear into the motor or away from it? :laughing: Also, isn’t this force reversed when braking? I personally brake with the same motor amps as I accelerate with, so does the direction of the force really matter that much?

• Will there be a drive assembly video? I love that you guys are using thrust bearings, but I need to see how the gears mount to them before I believe it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

4 Likes