Apex Boards - UK Storefront

Freakin A TRUMP & BREXIT is over :rofl:

4 Likes

What’s interesting about DKP? Not trying to hate… it just… you know… suck

1 Like

My money is on an apex complete offering

7 Likes

It’s not the dual kingpin where one is on top of the other for carving. It’s a dual kingpin where one is in front of the other on the same level.

3 Likes

There is no doubt in my mind.

2 Likes

Anyone got a view on this?

Edit: here’s one that was made earlier:

5 Likes

They look very similar to the noSno trucks

3 Likes

100% of the load will be on the bushings which will spread out the load nicely. I think this is actually a decent design since bushings will provide extra shock absorbtion where a channel truck would transfer the whole load on the opposite wheel, but i can’t imagine what bushing hardness these will use

7 Likes

On the apex airs you can use basically all kind of bushing duros. Something between 80-93a does work very well.
I‘m sure the guys from apex will come up with some good combos for different riders and terrain.

2 Likes

I got a single 83 chubby boardside on my rkp and that truck alone is harder than the urethane trampa barrels in the outer position. There’s definitely a sweet spot a tad bit lower than normal skate durometers

2 Likes

Every rider has his one preferences and I think the options to dial in a setup which fits your needs best are way better than with any other channel truck.
Don’t forget those are no rkp trucks and they are quite a bit wider than the regular rkp or tkp hanger.

1 Like

Correct, the bushings in use are crucial to the way the Apex Air truck behaves in lots of different ways. The bushings are super critical to the actual dynamics of the truck and resist twisting forces along with the carbon steel kingpins. They also provide cushioning like you have never felt before. As the hanger is effectively floating on the bushings with no fixed pivot, the forces on the hanger are different to the forces you feel in your feet. This offers ride comfort on levels that have not yet been available in other trucks. The dual kingpins bias the trucks for stability, so gone are the days when choosing soft bushings ment you had to give up straight line stability, you can have super soft bushings for nice turns and still do 35mph.

@taraskasyanyuk standby mate, not too long now to wait. I promise its worth the wait.

16 Likes

Have you had many folk test/trial these out? Dont want to miss out on the first round as they look amazing, but also would like to see some community feedback before i stump up the coin

4 Likes

How many pairs are in the first round anyways?

Yes absolutely bro. We are on the 3rd revision of the hanger, second revision of the baseplate and 2nd revision of the kingpins. The trucks have been in testing for 6 months, myself, @ducktaperules and @BigBen have them on boards we have been daily riding since day 1. @Andy87 also had them from Day 1 and has been putting them through their paces through Russian winter. We also have 2 other guys in the UK testing them, both very accomplished gravity riders (but testing on electrics) with one being one of the best in the country. We also have another set in Germany being tested by a gravity mountainboarder. We could have easily released these ages ago, but we also believe in solid testing and would only release a product that has been through a rigorous trial.

19 Likes

Ive no doubt they’re solid, more just looking forward to hearing what these riders have to say about them, comparisons to other truck styles etc. I guess people will start talking once they’re officially released :call_me_hand: exciting stuff!

5 Likes

I believe it! Love seeing the development behind these and not releasing them until they’re 100%. Can’t wait to grab a pair!

4 Likes

I’d invite @Andy87 to give his thoughts when he is ready. Andy is riding on the version 1 trucks, he’s asked for a set from the production batch so I think he’s keen.

6 Likes

mind spilling what steel/ heat treatment was used? (i’m a slight steel freak). and hollow axles or proper ones (solid)

2 Likes

EN24T

7 Likes