Anything Direct Drive related (SERIOUS)

Can you do a comparison of 2wd vs 4wd either on 10s, 12s or both, using the 60kv sets? Also with some basic flat runs and some hills/high load conditions to see how efficiency compares? From what I’ve read, it seems like belt drives see a general overall reduction in efficiency when going from 2wd to 4wd, but I wonder if that would hold true with direct drives. It seems like the most significant issue with direct drives is their tendency to overheat especially when pushed too hard (which doesn’t take much in some cases) and especially when using larger wheels or taking on hills . So, I would guess that going 4wd and keeping the heat in check would result in better overall efficiency.

3 Likes

Derelict right now:

8 Likes

Thanks Hummieee I figured as much, ITs a very steep hill but short hill and Most of my boards have no issue( apart from my evolve GT), apart from changing to smaller wheels there is little I can do with DD (my point). I hoping my new 110mm (coming) will have more luck. I get off and walk as its usually the end of a long ride and my battery is at least 70% spent.

3 Likes

What wheels are you currently on that sucks so much power?

Personally, I’d be interested in an 110mm 75kv 10s vs 12s setup because I think want to go higher voltage in the future.

IWonder just annouced this:

8 Likes

oh dayum, that looks interesting

1 Like

It’s like its magic: giant wheel with little motor.

Don’t expect to get high power and survive

3 Likes

similar to this I guess: https://carvlab.myshopify.com/collections/part-kits-accessories/products/uat-conversion-kits-90mm-hub-systems-parts-only
but “OEM” mounting with 120mm cloudwheels
instead of AT wheels

2 Likes

Hey @hummieee, can we still get sleeves for the original Hummie Hubs?

2 Likes

Original meaning the small motors? I have a couple I think

3 Likes

That looks like a1/2 assed attempt a hub sleeve I as there is no standard size/cutout for sleeves I am not sure how they are going to offer this. Maybe just popular hubs. I hope they bring out a craptor 2 sleeve. Thats a lot of thermal insulation to add to a motor.

2 Likes

Original meaning the purple Alu versions, not sure if that’s what you’re talking about?

1 Like

yea that’s what i mean. i have a couple i think. but let me see tomorrow and get back to you.

2 Likes

I already have DD drives so I don’t expect anything but that could be interesting for some.
Happy confinment to all

Wowee!

That would be an exciting setup. Like a reverse tarantula truck.

2 Likes

Looks almost too tiny :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Popsicle Deck direct-drive Grocery Getter:

7 Likes

Am I the only one wondering what a a Hub Motor Pulley kit is?

2 Likes

Probably some kind of adaptor, pulley seems indeed unlucky

1 Like