Anyone worked on a fiik big daddy?

Looking at you @Dareno I’m sure you strut around the sunshine coast demanding to be called by that name.

Friend of mine has one of these monstrosities and is strangely attached to it. I think he enjoys changing the brushes and pushing it home when it stops after 6km. All efforts to get him to part ways have failed. as has his 25kg lead acid batteries.

Question is, does anyone know what the low volts cut out is ? and has anyone swapped the massive 800watt motor out for some tiny 3kw outrunner?

Pic for attention

(Pic removed, cause WTF? @mmaner)

3 Likes

First build.

The insult renders your application invalid

Tell your ‘friend’ its all your fault

3 Likes

Daddddyyyyyy!!!

Tell him new replacement Lead batteries cost $1500 because it’s a certain specific kind.

Take the board to your house.

Convert it to a massive LiFePO4 pack and VESC.

Give it back with 4 times the range and battery life. Tell him it’s the new Lead batteries that work so well. Oh and I lost your charger, here’s a new one

Also write “Lead Brand :tm: battery” on the LiFePO4 pack with a marker so you don’t have to lie to your friend.

5 Likes

seriously tho @DarenoPreformatted text did you end up finding a straight swap outrunner?

1 Like

I put a 280 kv racerstar with a hobbywing car esc and an 8s lipo.

If he wants to keep the lead batteries then battery world have them for 60 bucks a piece. They are just standard 12 v bike batteries.

Brian you muppet.

You need a brushless esc for the motor.

1 Like

no way I am putting lead acids back into that thing, he rides with me, I want him to keep up.

The only good acid was the stuff the beatles were on when they wrote sargent peppers.

Take it you had to ghetto a bracket.

3 Likes

Ghetto’d the whole thing.

Enclosure is huge so it all goes in.

The most reliable iteration of my kids murder board was a hobbyking 4.12 via 2 4s lipos and the racerstar 280. GT2B remote. Ran fine for 2 years. With the big daddy I would go lower kv and 10s

1 Like

A VESC will drive a brushed or brushless motor. Keep the brushed one if you want to… …for now :smiling_imp:

1 Like

really ? This sucker is 2 wire

1 Like

:smiley:

2 Likes

1st and 3rd wires - got it - thanks men. you too daddy

2 Likes

I could tell you how the first 2 esc’s went poof but make your own mistakes brother.

One of those is it possible on paper or in reality?

Good luck.

get a new motor. trust me.

1 Like

Mistakes ? Like this ?

3 Likes

Oh yeah.

See Karl I do and Brian reads. That fucking fiik build took longer than any other I have ever taken on and cost more I reckon.

Could do one now in my sleep but at the time…not so much but it holds a dear place in my heart.

2 Likes

Hey Legends,

I realise I’m digging up an old thread here but I recently purchased a used Epic Skateboards Dominator 8000+ and from what I can tell it’s basically the same as the old AGM Big Daddy.

My issue is that it seemed like it wasn’t pairing with the controller, I got it from cashies so hey have no idea, they offered me $300 back so I figured I could buy a new controller and it would be sweet, upon calling Epic its flashing a ‘computer’ fault… I figure I would change to a VESC but its hurting my head to work all this out… so far my research is saying that the VESC will run a DC motor and people show it workin on youtube) so was planning on getting a Flipsky Mini FSESC4.20 50A but then think I will have to upgrade to a 8s lipo at the same time as I have no idea how it would handle the deep cycles that are in there (or how much life they have left) I figure if I buy that flipsky and a hobbyking 5000mAh 8s lipo I will break even… then can upgrade the motor later down the track

What do you guys think? is there anything am missing or will have to buy (does the VESC pair right to a factory Epic controller, will 5000mAh be enough, for example?)

thanks in advance for any assistance, I’m in the Sunny Coast too @Dareno if you wanna check it out and or point and laugh at me before offering any advice :rofl:

1 Like
  1. Definitely possible to upgrade that to a VESC if I found the right board.
  2. In theory, you just need to replace the ESC and the remote. Information seems scant from my initial search though. Don’t get Flipsky as there is a quality control lottery on their ESCs, among other things.
  3. What’s your end game with this board?
2 Likes

Thanks for your reply Seven,
Honestly, I didn’t have goals or a plan of immersing myself in into the custom Esk8 world but its a slippery slope, ha ha! I just wanted an off-road capable board for beach riding and for getting around while camping.

Today I purchased an original single Enertion Focbox VESC which from what I worked out should work fine with the AGM Batteries and DC motor for now, eventually, I will probably upgrade to a brushless motor and lithium batteries, honestly, I probably won’t stop until I have a mountain board now…:rofl:.

I think I need to get a receiver and control to fit into the Focbox, the one that is in my board may be compatible but I doubt it’s plug-and-play. Any suggestions for something with a display that isn’t a crazy price? I think that’s all I will need to get it up and running