Anyone try the MGM ESCs?

I remembered a little ways back I saw some weirdos on youtube creating a super powerful electric skateboard. They used MGM motors/ESCs. I haven’t really seen or heard of them otherwise, anyone use their stuff?

They look high quality, but I don’t believe they’d be compatible with VESC Tool?

Brushless Speed Controllers :black_small_square: MGM CONTROLLERS (mgm-controllers.com)

Is this the video you’re referring to?

It popped up the other day and I got like 3 minutes in before deciding it was boring :rofl: Seems like I was right since the guy didn’t even test it in the end because of one broken hand. All you need is one hand that can still use the remote (or other control solution) to ride esk8 :person_shrugging:

1 Like

Yea, they do test drive it, just not that guy. The one who made it test drove it. It’s a 10kw board that they upgraded to 40+kw then software limited to 10kw again LMAO.

But yea, the motors and ESCs seemed pretty high quality. Apparently the company is Germany based.

They do test ride it at 11:45 in the video

I meant the guy who it was made for since he seems to be the one who has the most experience and might be able to handle it without it being limited back down, or at least without as much limiting.

In most videos I’ve seen he’s proved himself to be the most competent of them all :joy: But I also don’t see why you’d need 40kw of power! To practically benefit from that power, you’d want much larger wheels.