Anyone from Christchurch NZ

Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

I’m wondering if any on from Christchurch NZ is on this site and has some good places to go riding?

Cheers

1 Like

Yup.
Ruptured Achilles 3&1/2 months ago bro and not back on the board yet.
Think there’s a nz thread on here somewhere.
My limited riding (pre injury) has been local joyrides and commuting mainly. Hagley?
Whatchu on? Thane / pneumies?

2 Likes

Hi I’m on an exway x1 pro at the moment only brought it last week but all ready love it, I’ve been taking it down the new northern motorway foot paths they are 90% done and no one in sight.was thinking about taking it round Hayley for a range test, I’m a about 110kg so not sure what distance I will get out of it.

Cool. Yeah in the city is prob good for range test. Take phone Uber back to your house or car if u need. :rofl:

From what I’ve been reading I reckon I’ll get about 13-16ks which isn’t to bad.

I did take it too the pup for the rugby on Sunday about 7k trip but charged while I was there. I do know coming home I was a lot quicker haha.

:rofl: good work. Shit I’d be even more of a danger to myself on an esk8 after a few pints. Danger. Full face? Gloves?!

Yeah they can go pretty quick bro and can also go wrong pretty quick too (injury recovery got me nervy).

I got no idea about exway range, maybe ask @BillGordon on the freesk8 forum, he’s an exway man.

1 Like

Hagley park is pretty good now that they have completed the path adjacent to Moorhouse Rd. Lots of hot joggers, and lots of asian tourists on the paths when it’s the cherry blossom season… Lots of fun to be had on the netball courts if they’re empty.
Apart from that, there’s a great scenic ride from Ferrymead to Sumner, a freshly opened new bike lane along the Hwy73 from Marshlands Rd to Northlands, and a big one next to the motorway on the Wigram part of town.

There are plenty of options, it’s turning into a cool city on that regard.

I’m in Redwood so will check marshlands out.There is some long stretches down the new northern motorway between QE2 Drive and Preston’s road and further,a little bit of walking between unfinished sections though, I was on it today.

Will definitely try the Ferry need to Sumner track out.

Cheers for the suggestions.

Faaaaak y’all are making me miss nz. Spent most my time in Raglan but ventured to the South Island eventually and fell in live with wanaka. Christchurch was the tits too. Have a good friend living here from there. Building an empire bringing proper pies to the Canadian masses. So at least I can get that from time to time. Oh! And he sells L&P!!

1 Like

Went for a blast round Hagley after work today, some nice smooth paths i got about 12 ks out off 70 %battery not to bad manged to get up to 33kmh on the new part near Moorhouse (fastest I’ve been yet) got it a bit wobbly I’ve got some harder bushings on the way hopefully gives me a bit more confidence to go faster.

Split angles bro. De wedge the rear so it turns a bit less, will help.

best part of Hagley is the path between the Armagh St entrance (with a roundabout) and the NW corner of the park.
Also the South East part along Hagley Ave is wide and smooth.

Definitely got some more confidence once I went to bigger (cloud) wheels, on a super stable and stiff Evo platform due to the split truck angles mentioned above. That gives me the option to deviate from the path if there are joggers or prams that pretend to own the whole lot… There’s also a small sketchy bridge somewhere that I don’t fear anymore.

Yeah I liked the path from Armagh street than runs straight through to Dean’s Ave really smooth, actually seen another esk8er on that path.

I had a read on the truck article but am not sure how much I can change my sismic trucks on my x1 pro.