Anyone fitted 110mm thane wheels to Trampa mini infinity trucks?

Also depends on your hanger position, I have 100mm with the “short” position plus an angled riser and just avoid wheel bite by 3mm. Using bolt on abecs btw, but yes those bearings will be pain to use in most (if not all) push fit pulleys.

1 Like

7 Likes

We’ve seen truck failure before with this setup but can’t remeber if it was Trampa or MBS.

There was an old thread on .builders

Just FYI

Was it Ernesto when he was using the 100mm mbs wheels trampa trucks where cracking…

Yeah it was knobby 100mm MBS on Trampa ATB trucks, the problem is stress vibrations and on these channel trucks there is no bushing between the baseplate and the hanger.

If you talking about 110, especially 74A and you’re not heavy and you don’t do the kerb thing YMMV

Edit: the MBs 100mm all-terrain urathane wheel :point_up:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Mmmm ?

Jump off sidewalks and act like a blaggard at every road deformity

5 Likes

so i have a small spacer between the back wheel and the truck, and i had to file half a mm from the angle of the square section of the truck so my 40t can turn freely

hmmm i’ll keep that in minde,
i didn’t think a bigger wheel would give more vibration, actually i thought it was the opposite

The baseplate and hanger on a channel truck are bolted together directly via the kingpin, unlike a skate truck which has those parts separated by a bushing.

We’ve seen the failures, but yeah you would have to be using bumpy wheels, fat and a maniac or a variation of that.

Pneumatic tires provide a good cushion which make up for that lack of bushing, they are of course designed with air tyres in mind unlike skate trucks

You are correct, bigger thane is better, those are the right thane wheels to go with…nice build storylines!

4 Likes

yeah makes sens i’ll keep an eye on them
trampa sells the carver with 90 thanes though so i hope i’ll be fine with the 110

1 Like

There’s only been a couple of cases and they were more exceptional due to contributing factors

1 Like

Hi so what parts did you use to get the wheels to fit ,did you have to file the trucks for pulley clearance?

Is this referring to the pic of the Trampa board with the torque wheels fitted shown above,basically what I wanted to do in my post ?

Hi ,what pulleys did you use ,and bearings and where did you get them ? Also did you need to file the hanger for clearance (sometime I’m not really keen on )
Cheers Ja

My current set up so hope it’s just pulley ,belts and wheels / bearings I would have to change

3 Likes

exactly

I got a generic banggood pulley set and it was easier for me to file down the pulley by mounting the wheel + pulley to another axle then stick on a long belt and motor and used it like a lathe with cruise control from a vx1

1 Like

130s :slight_smile: :+1:

13 Likes