Anyone ever try cerakote on anything?

Never seen this stuff before but supposedly puts on a thin ceramic coating. Maybe aluminum pulleys could last a lot longer. Maybe can make bearings or shafts and housings a tighter fit.

I thought someone making those X mounts made a amazing black bracket with red nuts. coated in CERAKOTE assiming thats the same stuff they use to finish guns exterors

1 Like

I have some firearms that are coated in Cerakote. I don’t find it to be very durable but am not using it in this type of application.

4 Likes

A few of my guns are cerakoted. Really nice coat aesthetically and its a lot more resistant to scratching and general wear. But kind of a pain to apply

There’s 2 types of cerakote apparently. A C and K formula. The C formula is where it’s at which high heal tolerance, high adhesion, and practically resistant to abrasions. But requires a kiln or high temp furnace oven to do the process properly

4 Likes

Necro revival…

Chatting to a powdercoater today who sent me round the corner to a Cerakote factory… after a half hour chat about motorbikes, racing and everyrhing but Cerakote… ultimately was able to turn the conversation to custom work and hes dead keen to try some shit with me… come on @Ean.esk8…

I want to do something alomg these lines but maybe in like a thaidye style or something silly…

1 Like

I have had my colt pocket light pony . 380 concealed carry pistol done(my little pony), nothing artsy, but the results are 4 years old its holding up wonderful . I work in some shady places, and carry because I handle the cash deposits for my girlfriend. the pistol gets a lot of wear, going to the range ,in and out of holster probably 500 times in 4 years. it is very durable

Before MBS released bronze Pro II hubs, I had planned to get a set cerakoted but never got around to actually doing it (which worked out, since they released a bronze color). Cerakote is a great option for our wheels… I’m excited to see what you end up having done

1 Like

I get cerakoted QD inserts for gun stocks that are soooo nicely finished. Nice matte texture and protection from knicks.

1 Like