Anyone charging at 15A, 20A, even 30A?

12s6p 30q with 8a charging

When I transfer to a 12s4p P42a I’d like to charge at 16a, with two 8a chargers in parallel maybe

3 Likes

300W is a lot you guys… while you sleep

while I watch it I would charge at 100A

6 Likes

Server power supplies can be like $20 for 1500W+ too, requires some DIY and they’re massive but reliable

4 Likes

Just plug the battery directly to mains and watch it charge at lightning speed :joy:

Pretty sure 10A is the new sweetspot that people want

3 Likes

as long as @Battery_Mooch says it’s ok LOL

120V AC battery here I come.

I would like to see more chargers sleekly built into boards, given at home we can use slower chargers it is when we are out an about that we want superspeed models

1 Like

ya’ll remember this beauty?

1 Like

Not sure if this contributes anything but I charge my 13s4p 40T pack at 10A exclusively. But only like once a week since my commute is very short.

2 Likes

Honestly I would want just the opposite, small 2A charger in the enclosure so I can plug it in when I’m visiting someone for that hour or two which Im staying and then superspeed when I’m at home.

Cool idea though

2 Likes

A step up converter in the enclosure and a multi adapter might be enough :face_with_monocle:
usual laptop charger are available at nearly every place.
Maybe a stupid idea…

1 Like

I like it.
Maybe 120W available with the laptop brick, about 2.5A charging for a 12S pack after accounting for some power loss through the boost converter in the board?

2 Likes

Guess he never finished that PCB?

1 Like

Hmm…a small rubber cover lifts up and you can pull out a AC power cord that is wound up like some retractable vacuum cleaner cords. Leads to the charger inside the enclosure.

Takes up a lot of room but would be cool as hell.

2 Likes

Usb-c and buck converter from 24 to the needed voltage?
Might still need to carry a larger than average phone charger though

1 Like

This is the smallest USB c charger I have seen. 65w is quite slow though.
https://www.amazon.com/FINsix-Smallest-Lightweight-Portable-Integrated/dp/B01KJDN3DI?th=1

There is also this

https://www.amazon.com/Innergie-Universal-Compatible-Ultra-Light-Connectors/dp/B07VCPSMBL/ref=psdc_11041841_t2_B01KJDN3DI

Add a tiny boost converter

might need a little longer for higher plugs

oh yeah 5M here but chunky
2 Likes

Why not just use a 10/12s cheap small 2a charger that is always connected to the battery, and mount an input port for 220v in to the charger next to the regular chargeport and then just make a cable from the outlet to the skateboard.

And hopefully somehow stop any current going from battery to the charger to stop it from draining

I did not research, just assumed a step up covert could be smaller.

1 Like

Lol how did we go from high amp charging to tiny amp charging? :rofl:

9 Likes

Where ever there is something big, there is something tiny not too far either…

3 Likes

This is my 12s 25amp balance charger set up. I killed my other 1200w power supply recently so I don’t charge at 25amps @12s but I’ll probably get another one considering they are only $10 or so…

2 Likes