Any recommendations for enclosure mounting hardware?

There are also performacne washers.

4 Likes

Plus one on this. M4 barrel nuts w/rubber oring under fender washer, no loctite for undermount enclosure, doesnā€™t loosen a bit.

3 Likes

Might have to go with these

1 Like

fender washers, aka cone or countersink washers (depending on bolt they are for) as decorative in our application. You do not want to skip the steel flat washer underneath it. The countersink washers arenā€™t so bad because they arenā€™t paper thin, but the cone washers will absolutely let the bolt pop right through if thereā€™s any real load on them.

3 Likes

My stuffs held on by 6 standard truck mounting bolts, with a couple washers under the nuts. Its far from ideal but it hasnt failed me since i deck swapped in march. Hell, 2 of them have hard bushings as spacers, to make up for concave, and i just gasketed around the entire thing. Its some frankenstein shit. Dont be like me. Ive got proper hardware for the build im workin on now.

1 Like

where else to buy these?

No, fender washers are flat washers with a large OD relative to the hole size.

Those aluminum countersunk washers are purely cosmetic. These are designed to spread the clamping load over a larger area.

3 Likes

Alright so I did get the screws but Iā€™m confused if I need more things to add along with it. Kinda forgot what was needed or how to assemble it all together in order

Personally, I did mine like this:

Bolt head - metal washer -
Rubber washer - deck/enclosure - rubber washer - metal washer - other bolt part.

The metal washers helped spread the load on the deck and enclosure since I like offroading a lot.

The rubber washers compressed and help keep water outā€¦ since I like offroading a lot.

Use a drill bit the same diameter as the post on the female bolt or a hair less. Hammer it in to the deck tight if you need to. Some people epoxy them in, some donā€™t and rely on them being screwed together. Good point to bring up that you should use blue loctite so the bolts donā€™t come undone after many miles.

3 Likes

You know what size to get for each of those? Going to Home Depot later today to get some

1 Like

The thicker side has an 8mm or 5/16" diameter.
The thinner side has a 6mm or 15/64" diameter but they never have that size in imperial so 1/4" will likely be the closest you can get.

Bring one of the sex bolts with you to the store to be safe. If you have an Ace hardware near you, I recommend it over lowes and home depot.

1 Like

I used the search button. This is the most relevant thread Iā€™ve found on it.