Any Prototipo Power Switch Wizards here ?

Afraid not, currently stuck on an island on the outskirts of Europe.

@Pecos Something else to consider that i’ve just thought of is, in the vid I posted above, when i press the power switch, it is only in that instant of firmly pressing it that the ohm reading hits zero with an immediate return to the previous
52 odd ohm reading (unless i hold it in for a couple of seconds, which kibd of locks it into that reading)

Does that make sense ? Maybe i’m covering old ground here and that’s what you initially meant by momentary.

I do have here right now a Flipsky smart anti- spark 200A with mini switch but was told there’s an issue with these requiring capacitors ? ? ?

Ideally, I wanna keep this internally as stock as possible until the battery needs replacing but desperately need a board working now.

What should my next move be ?

Check all Vesc settings as is, thru wired cable (yep,it’s that old) then replace sentinel with Flipsky if all variations of switch error have been tackled ?

Gawd, electronics, the learning curve is steep !

I’ve got 2 hours to get this working . . .

1 Like

Just checking a few things, and it was easier to upload a quick video.

If you are testing the button on a bench or in the box - using some tape to hold things down can help a lot.

If your button is actually busted that might be the easiest fix. If the button is actually good but the sentinel board is bad it may be that whatever is giving the button it’s 5v or 3.3v to turn everything on has taken a shit so bypassing the sentinel or replacing it is the fix.

1 Like