Anti spark switches

I just got a couple of those maker x switches. I will try to kill them.
@YUTW123 do you stand by your product? Talk to me. Recommended settings for 12s?
This is a science exercise so I will be pushing them.

3 Likes
2 Likes

I would love a bit more info on the maker x
@YUTW123 can you explain the pre charge circuitry please?

Whats the turned-off current consumption ? it should be in uAmps, am I right ?

Actually, this is not acceptable in a circuit designers point of view…

When its AC, Voltage polarity reverses in a sinusoidal form. While doing that it, goes to zero 100-120 times in a second, when you break the circuit, current also goes to zero while reversing its polarity (by nature and the name of the AC, Alternating Current) and cannot create a spark… But when its DC, voltage is always greater than zero, so when you break the circuit, current tries to pass through air… Hence we see that as the spark…

2 Likes

Ahm if you want push to start u need some sacrifices (mcu consumes power while off waiting for push to start event) I have ideas how to mitigate it but it’s over complicated and right now I have no time to do R&D If you came here to flame everyone and here is mine then good luck Bro :wink:

1 Like

Thanks man, same good thoughts here… I am reading all the previous threats that I can find, yes mcus consumes power but there are ways to make it almost zero… Your posts shows that you are a electro-technical person, I will DM you and lets talk a bit more…

Lm5165 and stm32l011 at 4.2MHz means practically zero current consumption.

(Like 100uA)

You could also go for the lm5164 and STM32G0

1 Like

Or you could involve bit more brains and make it 10nA :wink:

There does not exist any high voltage linear regulator or buck regulator with such a low shutdown current, unfortunately.

2 Likes

What do you all think about this switch or similar? coupled with some resistor maybe for anti spark? I’m a big fan of the ‘dumb’ methods of turning your board on and off now a days.

3 Likes

Much like a boat isolating switch. The size may be an issue.

Says 1/2 inch copper main terminal studs so looking at it the main body would be in the region of 4" Could be reading the description wrong though.

it looks like 2 5/8 " outside diameter which would fit nicely on the neck of a trampa deck if there was nothing else there. A bit large for sure but solid

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking emtb for something that big. Be bullet proof too.

1 Like

I purchased one of these for a friends board, christmas present.

It’s only a 60a so should work if as it says its rated for 280A but who knows. I’ll let u guys know!

1 Like

That’s the original flipsky antispark design, should last relatively long at 10s but wouldn’t put it past that, it’s just as many fets in series to distribute inrush.

1 Like

The new smart design should not blow up.

If it does please let me know.

I designed a new anti-spark prototype that won’t blow up :wink: What do you guys think? :slight_smile:

Thread here:

2 Likes

One dudes already blew up, but I think it was a QC roll not on design. And this isn’t the smart slew rate limiter it’s the older shitty version.

Edit: it was @derelictrobots that had one turn into a fireball but I think his is the only one in the wild to break, so probably cold solder or something.