Anti sink plates

Easily done with just a 11mm hole. Maybe see if there is interest in that from other people. If so, it could be done a little more elegantly

1 Like

Hey, @Savage1

Iā€™m interested in your anti-sink plates and ESC heatsink. Two questions for you:

1. Do you sell screws for any of these?
  2. Any recommendations for how to make sure that an ESC mounted to your heatsink has a watertight seal? Usual M5 flat heads with some loctite? Maybe grommets on the ESC side?

Thanks!

3 Likes

@goodmove We can provide the screws and lock nuts for the antisink plates. For the heat sink, it only fits the xenith and focbox unity just to let you know. For that, we provide the m3 screws with rubber washers to seal the sink to the esc. From there, you need to seal the heat sink to the enclosure after the cut out. Some might use butyl tape, silicone, etc.
That said, I machined a groove in my heat sink to accommodate for a square ā€œo ring groove to seal to the enclosure. Iā€™m still testing this out though.

4 Likes

Iā€™ll post pics of it tomorrow

1 Like

That all sounds great! Iā€™ll reach out about one or both of these soon. Need to take inventory. Looking forward to seeing the pics too.

1 Like

Square o rings like these?

Whatā€™s the size of the groove/what size ring do you recommend?

@goodmove, I tested the square o ring groove milled into the heat sink. I donā€™t think it is a good option for the following reasonā€¦
The inner surface of the enclosure can vary in flatness, which would require tightening the screws that secure the heat sink to the enclosure to tight. I thought it might be a viable option, but no. Just being honest.
Just seal that surface with silicone, butle tape, or any closed cell rubber/foam You donā€™t even really need to use the holes provided to secure the heat sink to the enclosure. The heat sink can become one with the enclosure.
If anybody would like to chime in on this, please do!

1 Like

@Savage1 Thanks! Hereā€™s the plan so far: use sealing screws (screws with o-rings) to mount the heatsink to the enclosure with a neoprene gasket (or just four strips), between the heatsink and the enclosure. Alternative butyl tape or silicone strips instead of neoprene. Iā€™ve also thought about using sealing washers on the inside of the enclosure, but it might be overkill. Thoughts?

Also, what did you want to do about that outline/overlay? Is it something I can print on paper and cut out?

I used 2mm thick sorbothane strips (pricy, but I had a roll of it) I also laid a bead of silicone around that
PM @RideNebula and he can email you a the stencil to trace around. Word of advice when cutting the enclosureā€¦ Cut inside the lines and have a flat and round file to bring it in to fit. little extra work, but even small gaps look like crap

8 Likes

Just a quick update here. We have another batch of these machined and will be getting some of them anodized soon. To get a better idea of how many we should anodize black and how many we should leave raw, I wanted to get a rough quick idea of current interest. If you might want some out of this batch, PM me with color/count. Also weā€™ve lowered the price by about the typical cost of shipping, putting them at $14. :+1:

3 Likes

Heck yeah!! For anyone wondering theyā€™re working perfectly on my Emtb! Even on the soft Haero deck material

• Black
  • Raw

0 voters

1 Like

Well thatā€™s fancy. And helpful.

1 Like

I didnt see it while reading through through thread, what exactly are these used for?

Saves you some work :+1:

1 Like

On top-mount setups they prevent the truck screws from digging/sinking into the deck when tightened down.

1 Like

Soā€¦ who do i give my money too for 4 or 8 of these black anodiosed?

Black should be back in stock after Memorial Day

2 Likes

These are on my non electric boards. Fantastic piece of equipment. I havenā€™t used any on my electric as itā€™s a drop through, but Iā€™m interested if thereā€™s anything for underneath, or. 2 pieces per truck, or a u-bend kinda setup

3 Likes

https://www.riptidesports.com/other/backing-frames-for-drop-through-trucks/

2 Likes