Anti-sink plates - interest/ideas?

I got these a couple years ago. Unfortunately, the holes don’t quite line up They are about 1/4" off.

What are FAST rails?

1 Like

Looks like a nice mounting plate. Would be nice if there was a larger plate that would allow you to use a Davega and a set of lights while serving as an anti-sink plate. 3 birds with one stone!

grafik

2 Likes
2 Likes

This looks like a good helmet for ESK8. Rails to mount accessories like lights.

2 Likes

Unfortunately it’s not rated for the kinds of impacts we expect to experience. It’s a combat helmet designed to absorb explosions and shrapnel.

1 Like

Maybe someone could make a ESK8 version. Just an idea.

2 Likes

id be keen for some kind of mount for a short extension arm for my 360 cam.

2 Likes

A picatinny rail system may be ideal for an extension arm. One go-pro style mount could mount to the end of the rod. The other would attach to the shaft of the rod. With the adjustment in a picatinny rail, you could move it forward and backward to get the angle you want.

1 Like

A while back I saw a rear anti-sink plate that basically had a tube sticking straight up where you could mount a standard seatpost mounted bicycle light. The rear lights used in cycling are pretty amazing these days. I use one on my backpack. Who would be interested in an anti-sink plate like this?

sounding like a poll would be helpful

1 Like

If be keen on the rail mount version. I think it would give me the structural strength I’m looking for. I find with GoPro mounts the amount of leverage tends to make the 360 cam sink down to the limits of the knuckle after a while

2 Likes

I’ve found through experimentation the most flexible attachment for me is a simple 1/4-20" post. It allows for so much flexibility in accessories you can mount, as you could use basically anything photographic with it, or DIY your own hardware solution. Phone mounts, Go Pro mounts, Arca mounts, tripod heads, tow brackets, rails, basically anything. The ability to use a ball head in particular allows for much more flexible camera/screen/light angles and opens up a ton of possibilities.

6 Likes

How’s a fella find this lounge :wink:

4 Likes

Where purchase link? I must have this holy grail!

2 Likes