Anti sink plate for top mounting a drop through?

Would it be wise to get anti sink plates especially if im going to top mount on a drop through deck? I was looking at these. Cheap and will come overnight

For those who dont wanna click a link i attatched a pic of what im talking about

Janux has better ones that are much thicker

Janux-Esk8.com

1 Like

No I have a much better idea

Get a baseplate with the kingpin still in, print a little something or other with a 3/8-24 internal thread, bolt it upside down ontop of the deck, and boom you have a hood ornament

5 Likes

HAHA i love it thats actually an amazing idea

1 Like

You don’t need a deck protector, but I’d definitely recommend running one if you can, realistically anything will work just fine and it’s a matter of personal preference, getting some fender washers or the decorative colored aluminum washers would be enough to keep it from splitting

But the X ones look stupid on top mounted drop through decks because you can just see right past them

2 Likes

Mainky just looking for something quick cause i wanna ride very badly😂 but ill look into these

Fair point

To be fair i could just get cheap aluminum plates and just drill the sink holes myself

You can just ride without them, order what you think will look the best and ride until then

Sucky part is i cant. Ive got torqueboards tb40 deck and the holes dont have that little groove around it to sink the screws. Just a straight hole down and i dont wanna force a screw in and risk cracking the deck

Just use a washer or a pan head screw

2 Likes

3d print ? Not sure If You have printer but this is faster solution. If You doubt about quality, You can later go to aluminium solution. Just 3D print give You time to buy something robust. By the way Iam riding on 3D printed from Petg and no issue. https://grabcad.com/library/anti-sink-plate-by-facko-1

1 Like

I got these plates, works great.

1 Like

Ive actually got a cr6-se and a bunch of petg. Would petg be strong enough though?

1 Like

O crap nvm i read the rest of what you said lol. Thanks ill definitely print these! What infill % did you use?

1 Like

Definitly 100% infill. Petg will works great. Iam recomending so accurate print, as is for You possible. Printing position on printer need to be same like mounting position on board. Printing time is not an issue, quality is a target.

1 Like

would it be fine going over the big gap in a drop thru deck? this guy seems to mount it on a normal top mounted board

What about this design?

You can choose what You like:) From my point of view, first design is also usefull.