Anodizing Service

Looking for someone I can send raw mounts to and get them anodized.
Local services exist, but maybe someone on here can do it?

9 Likes

@scrubski

4 Likes

@surfnacho isn’t in your area? He’s all CAD, CNC, milling, etc. He may know smthng about it?

3 Likes

Yeah lemme text Anshul actually

2 Likes

If its the color black its cheap, otherwise you have to pay your kidney. I paid both mine for my prototypes(red), im medically declared dead.

6 Likes

Yeah I ended up texting Anshul and he’s going to ask them for me

1 Like

Fuck…now I want metal green rims :man_facepalming:

Same question, but for EU. I could buy the tools myself, but I’m scarce on time :disappointed:

2 Likes

@scrubski I’d liek to anodize a bunny.

Seriously, I have non-rodent parts that I would love to coat with sapphire.

Hope youre alive and well.

4 Likes

Just to add to this DNA anodising in Capalaba do an excellent job

1 Like

hit up @tom_broderick on instagram he does power coating here in NYC if thats a direction you want to go

2 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately I think powder coating is not as robust as anodizing.

1 Like

Against scratching it is, against chips no. Also wayyyyy more color variations for a better price, but i agree, i love anodizing.

2 Likes

If you want a really robust option then request Type III hardcoat anodizing (0.5 mil surface, 0.5 mil penetration). It actually dulls most drill bits and comes in an incredible variety of colors…medium gray, dark gray, and black! :grin:

4 Likes

And a price tag :rofl:

3 Likes

If you find someone to do this LMK, I’ve looked into doing this myself but it doesn’t make any sense to do it in the UK as we have weird laws around Sulfuric Acid that make DIY prohibitively expensive.

1 Like

Yeah, your guys’ pharmacies don’t even sell hydrogen peroxide :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ve I had more time I’d do it myself. It’s really quite simple and I have most of the tools necessary

2 Likes

Don’t think we have quite the same definition of variety :rofl:

1 Like

Bump - looking to have some hangars anodized black.

1 Like