Anodized Countersunk/Counterbore Aluminum Washer Questions and Links

imageimage image

There is no dedicated thread for these washers so thought I would make one. Please use this to post links, pics and ask any questions that you might have.

Links

M5

M6

9 Likes

I was wondering if anyone has the dimension for these washers

Uh dimensions I have no idea. What do you need the dimension for ?

Thanks a lot @Movation

For making sure it is not going to rub against the enclosure walls.

3 Likes

50PCS M5 Cone Washer Aluminum Alloy Cone Cup Head Screw Gasket Conical Fender Washer (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F351GGC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_myOaFbSBWPM86

These ones are better :beers:

I actually have those and, sad to say, they are actually worse than the countersunk ones. Because of the sharp corner at the bottom, it breaks off.

6 Likes

I hate ^ the ones in that photo. I’ve tightened screws down through the bottom layer at least once on every board that has those.

5 Likes

What breaks off? Use nylon washers underneath them…

3 Likes

Oh your using them for truck top mounts? I’ve only used them for enclosure mounting :grin:

1 Like

yeah, enclosure might be a more forgiving application for the counterbore ones.

2 Likes

Enclosure isn’t :rofl: I’ve even used them with metal spacers underneath and still ripped through the bottom, they just all around suck… Even though I have at least 150 laying around

2 Likes

Yeah i always just place a nylon washer underneath for enclosure mounting that way it doesn’t dig into the enclosure

2 Likes

Boy how tf you rip through em :joy:

1 Like

I always use a little rubber washer under these, especially for an enclosure. Helps keep them from backing your bolts out too.

4 Likes

E-Skating for more then 10 miles… Shots be fired :hushed:

3 Likes

Haha ya know what ima test this rn . Ima tighten it down as hard as possible

1 Like

It’s tightening and vibrations… then retightening and removing enclosure for repairs…

1 Like

Don’t tighten them down so hard. There’s no need for massive torque. Put a drop of blue thread lock in the bolt, tighten the bolt down until is finger tight, add 5 lbs, done.

7 Likes

Turn until you can’t turn anymore!!!