An Evasive icon: The ESCape

To @Deodand’s credit, I don’t believe he’s been employed there for a good while now and continues to provide tech support daily + firmware/UI updates.

He said he would and has stood by that. Deserves credit & recognition.

12 Likes

Good to know for the customers. However, it is a burden.

1 Like

Public pressure doesn’t work in this case. If it would have worked it would have saved plenty of $$$$
Jeffrey was not willing to play it unfair, so I guess that he made it happen for the community. Heads up for that!

4 Likes

So is just like VESC project.

3 Likes

There are maybe 1000 Unities on the market. Maintaining the software for a low number of devices is a different thing. VESC-Tool compatible devices exist in a different number and there are developers around sending pull requests and actually working with the code base.

You love it, you’re a bad little girl

1 Like

Torqueboards soon to be released vesc 6 clone. Meets all of the above. And will be cheaper. The ESCape was way cheaper too. Blah blah, yeah it was a group buy and shit, but was way cheaper than a vesc6. So Trampa comes in claiming it was because he sold it too cheap that he disappeared, in a sad attempt to justify vesc6 price. But he gets called on his bullshit and Frank quickly changes his tune, moves the goalposts, and admits he harassed stewii with fucking external design bullshit. As if an ESC can’t be a fucking rectangle. Oh no, the wires and jst plugs are all on the same place!

You know what a company with an overpriced product that is easily replicated does? They resort to lawsuits to destroy competition so they can maintain their inflated prices. Someone brought up the example of Josef Prusa. He open sourced his 3d printer and there are million clones out there. But instead of wasting his time with lawsuits he fucking innovates so much the clones can’t keep up and he’s making more money than he ever would have with a million C&D letters.

4 Likes

Software R&D?
Only 60 days warranty!

18 Likes

Jeff got a sense of humour I see :grin:

6 Likes

20 posts were merged into an existing topic: Old Derails of the Past

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

@BillGordon thanks for staying on this thread and doing the best you can with it. This may not be the biggest challenge as faras threads go but i can see how difficult it is to mod these kinds of discussions.

@Trampa thanks for not completely losing your cool, pretty much, ever. I don’t have half the patience you do in the face of public adversity.

@jeffwuneo thanks for being you.

15 Likes

Well, that was an interesting waste of an afternoon. This should be added to a required reading list for the new folks. Not sure that it resolved anything but definitely informed.

Also interesting to see that Jeffwuneo was the esk8 golden boy just over five months ago. Tough crowd here. Lol.

7 Likes

You are getting caught up with alot of esk8 history very fast! Lol

8 Likes

Tough crowd here when you try to deceive.

5 Likes

Bump.

This thread is worth a read for anyone unaware of @trampa’s illegal business practices.

Blatant anti-competition from a company supposedly supporting open source development.

Fun starts here:

I do not personally buy Trampa products or associate with them as a direct result of these immoral and/or small dick energy practices.

• the words of Frank Drenckhahn.
16 Likes

LOL, that aged well…

12 Likes

Anyone has one ESCApe somewhere? My dual has internal shortage on PCB (checked with x-ray) and I need anything that fits in it’s place.