An Evasive icon: The ESCape

At the end of the day, money is money… a business always wants more… I don’t see any big companies being nice in doing business with other people. I’m afraid that’s how the world works, and if you don’t fight hard enough you just get abandoned or eaten by others.
I’m not trying to justify their actions to be right or wrong, that’s a whole other debate.

Ps: this topic is going sooo much off topic.

1 Like

Trampa as a business = Fucking awesome. I love their business model and understand why they aren’t going anywhere but up.

Trampa as and OS Defender = Fuck that shit. The way everything’s gone about is not only going to piss customers off, it looks like bullying (something that isn’t looked away from these days). As a company they need someone that can defend their their trademark without offending or spewing the same garbage over and over. We’ve already dealt with enough of that with Enertion. Trampa is very far from Enertion tho.

17 Likes

I agree they could be more involved in the community. Never get any black friday discounts. No group buys for us. Not much posting on the forum.

But if the only complaints we hear about them is that the website is shit to navigate and frank is a bit of a dick, I will gladly take that over crossing my fingers hoping I get my product delivered at some point in the next 6 months.

6 Likes

At the end of the day honor, kindness and ingenuity count for far more than money. That applies to both businesses and people.

12 Likes

I somewhat agree, they are one of the rare DIY and high value boards (not mass produced) to have stocks.
Most of the shops out there are into the model of pre ordering things.

4 Likes

@Trampa Never done that

4 Likes

I’ve only made one direct purchase of Trampa products. I ordered on a Sunday or something. I received exactly what I ordered 3 days later here in Portland, Oregon USA. Only other esk8 company I know of that can do that for me is @torqueboards. I’ll deal with them. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

11 Likes

I think @Trampa should really pay attention to what is happening in the United states with backcountry.com
They were one of the largest suppliers of outdoor gear, they decided to legally attack anyone using the word “backcountry” the community of outdoorsmen decided to fight back, now backcountry is really struggling with a public relations nightmare, substantial loss of income, and a community that no longer supports big business that attacks the little guy.

8 Likes

hehe, I feel like I have a good grasp of their website now.

Out of curiosity, I asked a web developer friend of mine how much he would charge if he was asked to completely revamp the trampa website. For the entire custom backend and frontend, he said he wouldn’t touch it for under 10k GBP. ouch

in b4 wordpress and woocommerce :joy:

6 Likes

Hey I developed my own videoplatform with node and js. 200+ hrs of hard developement time. Backend is the big part. @mutantbass Could totally use it here.

7 Likes

So much that you could say it has ESCaped?

Full. Circle.

13 Likes

I can respect your opinion and decision to overlook behaviour you consider being irrelevant when buying parts. I just can’t be as pragmatic, I can’t go pass that, I put dicks who slow down this hobbies progression and asshole vendors who lie to you and steal your money in the same box. I don’t have many boxes so it’s the same one for all of them.

14 Likes

Literally the funniest thing I read this entire day :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

6 Likes

Concerning the server we here to search for parent and registered design. In Europe the main one is call EUIPO https://euipo.europa.eu/ohimportal/en/designs
they have the section for registered desing and a search function to scroll through them. Unfortunately that is only in theory since in reality either you have the patent or design number or the search function doesn’t work. The server doesn’t output any result. It’s ridiculous since you can not search before hands to see if your new product is infringing some registered patent/design. In the past I had problem with an online store I had with a friend. A bigger company targeted us when we wee starting to hit some sales by using a registered design which is quite a weak strategy since they are really made out of simply lines and be as much generic as possible. The product was of course not identical to us, but belonged to the same category. We asked to a patent attorney and we could probably win but the cost of legal action was not worth. The attorney explained me that deposit a design is a common strategy from company because its way easier and way less expensive than a patent and in most of the case enough to stop people from move forward. For instance a big showcase like amazon will just block your product and only after give you the chance to solve the issue with the other part. Making you loose sales and therefore ranking on the first page list (on Amazon is all about that). Amazon will always avoid any contrast and won’t take any risk. In this scenario a registered design that can cost as low as 400-700euro is a cheaper solution than beat opponents with advertising. Anyhow if someone would really decide to take action most of the designs can be demolished in court since you only need to provide that there was no innovation and was already out there. So also in this case would be possible to win but the legal actions take easily more than 3 years.

Btw the guys at EUIPO are really kind and you can ask them questions and even let them search.

10 Likes

@Trampa know they cannot winning by court with this box. They just want to bully other so can only benefit their sale. Is ok if product not from open source, but name come from community before and not tramp and now they want to acting all they own. This bad behaviour for community.

We launch our neoBOX this month and we plan selling mnany for community at reasonable price. If have problem then please sending your lawyer to china for me.

51 Likes

English isn’t even your first language and you’re laying down the hardest takedowns In this thread. Well done Jeff👍

18 Likes

fucking lawyer will get even richer, they will bill every minutes of that trip.

2 Likes

17 posts were merged into an existing topic: Welcome to Derail Jail

The man from shenzhen is argueing this? some thick irony here

4 Likes