(Amazon) Flipsky Anti-Spark Switch DO NOT BUY ON AMAZON

I have purchased and had to return a Flipsky anti-spark switch twice now. Each time I received a Flipsky mini VESC (4.X hardware). It has put a serious hinder on my build’s timeline and I would hate for that to happen to anyone else. Buy from the source directly or choose another option.

The issue seems to be that they somehow managed to put a label for the switch over the label for the VESC so when the amazon warehouse guys go to grab a product to be packaged, the wrong item gets sent. Pics below.

For those of you sneaky slinkers who were wondering if I could pull a fast one and make an extra buck, the price difference is negligible.

4 Likes

Just to not piss anyone off I will delete this post in about a month or so, just enough time for the problem to be resolved while still raising awareness in the meantime.

lol, at least the esc is worth more than the anti-spark.

4 Likes

Hahaha I wish but it’s the cheapest flipsky vesc which is $50 ish bucks. Speaking of value what do people recommend as an alternative?

For a single? The value is hard to beat if you don’t expect to run them past 25-30A. The maker-x dual or flipsky 4.2 is like $150. I’d just spring for a maker-x dv6 or a used unity.

2 Likes

unfortunately i’m pulling 60 amps constant across 2 Torque VESCs so idk… how much do used unities go for? (also if anyone has one I might be interested? :wink:)

1 Like

180-225 depending on how generous the seller is feeling.

1 Like

I know the price used to be very high but aren’t they going new now from that… guy for $200? I’m not well versed in the whole history of the death of that compony and their personal downfall but I don’t know if people would enjoy an endorsement of their product.

Right, but I suggested a used one for a reason. You also get the benefit of knowing the thing works instead of taking a crap shoot getting one drop shipped from China.

1 Like

maker-x dv6 is around the same price.

1 Like

The maker X does look very nice (being on Hardware 6 vs the Unity’s 4) but I really need a switch :laughing:

if u aren’t moving to V6 yet, then makerx go-foc retro with heatsink should be able to handle the amps u pushing

makerx also sells anti spark switch if u need one

2 Likes

Thanks man I appreciate it. Just wondering, but do you think upgrading to V6 is worth it if you aren’t pushing crazy amps? Either way I’m looking for money efficiency. I’m thinking either the Dual flipsky 4.2 plus is a good go or a used foxbox. The flipsky is only 160 before shipping and i includes a switch. I think I’m leaning towards the fox box for reliability, however.

OG focbox? those are rare, and u need a canbus cable if u r running dual motors, if u can get ur hands on the v1.7 focbox then u will be golden as all the previous version will fry the canbus chip if u don’t power on the escs at the same time, but u still need a switch in most case anyway. have u consider using loopkey?

flipsky esc is a big no in my book, remote and battle harden motors are great option tho

if money is ur concern, v4 seems to be a reasonable choice unless u can score a cheap deal on a dv6, or maybe get 2x TORQUE6

2 Likes

You don’t need CAN at all unless you insist on running traction control, which I never have bothered

Two focbox singles can run perfectly fine for years and years

I agree for this probably Makerx is best bang for the buck

2 Likes

I agree with you, however, what I’m really after is a power button integration. I have found something now (thanks so much for the help @Skunk) at a similar cost. I have been running two Torque VESC for 4 years now and I’ve only ever blown one when I put my sensors into the UART port (:man_facepalming:). That may have bricked one :joy:.
Another factor that is hard to consider is space savings. I am running a 31" cruiser and the enclosure is only 16 inches long, the battery taking up 8 of those so fitting everything with Torque’s ANNOYING wire arrangement (they come out the top and are way too long and face the wrong way), a switch, and all the other connectors is really hard compared to a one-stop solution. My VESC is honestly the thing holding me back the most right now so I’m glad that I’ll be able to fit everything much more snugly now.

What did you go with? The Makerx dv4 is the smallest dual I’ve ever used, but I run that at 35 battery amps / side. In my main build I have a go-foc retro with heatsink and I still feel like that is quite small

1 Like

I’ll be running a FOCBOX Unity. It has everything I’m looking for. It will also allow me to have it be compact enough for me to make a boosted clone when I’m ready (I love the vanguard).

Well that’s good, the best way to get a legit one of those is through a forum member so I guess you’re sorted now

Getting them anywhere else is a crapshoot and supports terrible business practices

2 Likes

i’ve tried both TC on and off, actually feels no difference to me :joy:
but yea, 2 focbox with split ppm basically will run forever, also no risk no busting the canbus chip

2 Likes