Aluminium Drop down brackets?

if it wasn’t so crazy expensive i would take one…
i wish those small chinese ones would do the job, maybe in upgrading the spindle motor and stabilising the structure ?

2 Likes

I have a $200 CNC from banggood I am under no illusions of it ever being able to mill metal, nor would I attempt to upgrade it. I know enough now to build my own from scratch. There are plenty of YouTube videos on the subject. And the diy CNC community is growing rapidly I am trying to justify the $1200 and the space for something I will only use maybe twice a year. It will likely collect dust like my lasercutter, budget CNC, plasma cutter, breadmaker ect…

5 Likes

@ahrav :eyes:

Sounds kneady

7 Likes

Pm him on the site.
I’m in the process of getting some extra gears for his gear drives now.
Due to the time difference he doesn’t respond right away (I’m in the :us:) Sometimes he does on that magical hour when he’s online.

2 Likes

He indicated his intentions a few days ago of creating a thread here which will display his wares and price them. I’m with you, @IDEA makes some amazing looking products, and I’m looking to throw some cash his way once I can see what is available that meets my current wants. We must remain patient and vigilant kookster. Good things will happen.

4 Likes

That would be great. Tell him to contact me if he needs help.

3 Likes

Wow!! this my bubble gum :grin::yum:. (thanx @b264 x pointing out). Ok @DavidF, here’s a list of some of the bracket manufacturers I’m aware of. Some plates were already listed here by our distinguished forum members but some others are a rarity and some even made by members of this honorable congregation which you probably don’t know :sunglasses:. The list…

First and foremost…

@IDEA X9 Drop Platform Bracket

This CNC wedged plate manufactured in Poland :poland: is probably the first dedicated Esk8 production bracket exclusively made for the hobby and it maybe the coolest and so far the most efficient design of all. So this one should be the first choice for most of you guys who want to build a bracketed electrified board which coupled with a platform deck provides a flat underbelly to attach a wide array of battery systems and enclosures.

• I understand that some of you are frustrated with him for not responding, but I assure you that the guy answers. He is a very busy man. So that maybe the reason for his lack of response. Now, those of you who want to get in contact with him I suggest the easiest way maybe thru this very forum. Hit on his nick (@IDEA), send a PM and most likely he will respond.

Exile Mfg. 13° Precision LDP Bracket V2

Again another bracket made in Poland :poland:. This one is regarded as the ‘Ferrari’ of the bracket world. The best of the best manufactured with 7075 aluminum alloy. A dedicated 13° degree tuning fork drop-through precision bracket made exclusively for Long Distance Pump (LDP) a very popular longboard activity in Europe, Asia and South America, but not so much in the US. Best LDP practicioners on Earth integrate these brackets with most popular platform decks like 1166 Longboards, Antidote Longboards, Rocket Longboards, G/Bomb or Cobo Boards.

http://exilemfg.eu/projects/exile-13-deg-bracket-gold/

G/Bomb SDF - SDR - DDR - DDS Longboard Brackets

Very popular brackets. This US :us: manufacturer offers almost a dozen different bracket types for various LDP or Freeride longboard applications. They range from the drop-through tuning Super Duper Fork (SDF), to the Standard Drop Regular (SDR), the Deep Drop Regular (DDR) and Deep Drop Stubby (DDS) brackets; the last three come with truck angle adjustability. Additionally, they also offer a new composite bracket line, the Glass Drop which is 20% lighter than their aluminum brackets and the polymer matrix Carbon Feather Proto V2 which is 50% lighter.

SDR-ISO-SILVER-AND-BLACK-sm

485ee6_99aa740eb1904fae9916f7f6fe068a3d_mv2_d_2000_2000_s_2

485ee6_649f9425e19d4fbc9d43a1722a04f4d3_mv2_d_2000_2000_s_2

Croozeboards Drop Plate Bracket

Aluminum wedged bracket with a very particular triangular shape, 10mm thickness, almost 40mm drop and a weird deck mounting hole pattern made in the US :us: exclusively for their customized deck line shape. At first glance you cannot tell the real price for these brackets as they come already pre-instaled with each ordered board. But I doubt those £275 are for the brackets alone. I think that price is an average for a complete custom Croozeboard which comes with all the goodies including the plates. Deep look at their website suggest the price per set at around $115.

qDrop-Plate-Brackets-Longboard-or-Skateboard-_1

http://www.croozerboards.com

@257 Komodo Custom 0° Drop Bracket

This handcrafted 7mm thick bracket made of 6061 aluminum stock in Southern California :us: is totally custom made and was intended as a 0° drop plate. Comes with its corresponding 5mm thick auxiliary underbelly aluminum plate which serves as a reinforcement; together they sandwich the platform deck over the mounting holes. Bracket and plate comes with thin rubber padding which helps deck integrity when pressing and tightening the mounting bolts.

Vikings Pump Bracket

This is a very thick polished aluminum pumping bracket handcrafted in Brazil :brazil:. It was originally intended for Bennett, Don’t Trip, Randal, Ronin, Paris and the likes truck pumping systems. Although originally conceived as a dedicated plate for a very particular LDP application exhibiting various degrees of wedging and dewedging, still, it comes with both Old School and New School hole pattern so basically you can put any trucking system you want and use it on any platform deck you wish to electrify. Strong and very sturdy bracket.

Tusk Design Precision Longboard Bracket

Precision made aluminum tunning fork drop-through bracket conceived as a dedicated plate for the Long Distance Pump (LDP) practice; exhibit various degrees of wedging and dewedging; handcrafted by a pumper/pusher in Amsterdam, Neederlands :netherlands:, and could be use with most top platform decks in the market like 1166 Longboards, Bossa Boards or Cobo Boards among some of the most recognizable brands.

Siva Carbon Skateboard Deck Bracket

Custom made carbon wedged bracket personally designed and handcrafted by a pumper in Great Britain :uk: a few years back as a dedicated plate for the Siva Carbon Platform Deck and the practice of Long Distance Pump (LDP); is a solid and robust bracket made of many layers of carbon fiber and triaxial glass fiber which gives it lots of stiffness and durability. It exhibits + 21,5° degrees of wedging on the front plate and - 7° degrees dewedging on the rear plate; not only it could be used with the Siva Carbon Platform Deck but also with most popular platform decks in the market.

21 Likes

FYI. The gbomb flush bolts are stainless. Less tensile strength. I’ve had 1 snap on my ldp board.
Be aware :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks pixelsilva!
Great list, a lot were already in the thread but some I haven’t seen before :slightly_smiling_face:
The vikings brackets look good
:+1:

4 Likes

Yeah, those Vikings Brackets are quite nice. Very sturdy plates. Good thing is you can switch them, invert, turn them up side down and you’ll get different wedged and de-wedged angles. They also come in different colors (or at least I think you can ask for them painted) orange, black, etc., and they come with transparent silicone risers, very convenient.

2 Likes

As far as mountain boards are concerned, don’t forget about NoSno (website’s too shit to bother linking)

The problem with the NoSno (No Snow) bracket is that is all integrated with their truck system; it has a particular mounting hole pattern with two huge bolts, so is not universal. Is a propietary technology and only works within that system. Won’t work with other mounting plates and trucks.

Another negative aspect of the truck is it’s weight. Is a very very heavy truck. Probably the heaviest truck in the world. It was intended for freestyle and downhill descents so weight was never a consideration. I doubt few Esk8rs will ever consider a DIY build with this particular bracket. There are not many options (if any) to couple with. The only other truck (or bracket) for Esk8 that resembles NoSno is @Nowind’s new 500mm truck which comes with a similar bracket and mounting bolt pattern. But that particular system is still in prototype phase.

9-fsfr-k_mid

http://www.nosno.com/snosite/Pages/Products/products_frames.htm

3 Likes

I definitely would like to see some angled drop down brackets to use MBS or Trampa trucks on regular decks. Get the benefit of a wide track and pneumatics on a low street deck without needing to modify the deck to accommodate the wheels.

2 Likes

That’s the price of one kit lense of a full frame camera, so seems very reasonable to me

Granted NoSno’s are heavy but they are inherently a more stable design at speed than channel trucks and far less prone to bend. I only weigh 65kg, am not a hardcore skater but have bent a fair few hangers including precisions as short as 125mm as a result of eventual aluminium fatigue.
12mm axles will help some but the limitation in the structural design of channel trucks and having split axles are bound to result in bent hangers especially at extended widths.
NoSno’s can be adapted as in the Nompa or the nofaux by Kite Mechanics

The loss of the baseplate brings the weight down from 1.6kg a truck to around 950g which is comparable to most channel trucks… but this is a thread about brackets so I’m rambling

4 Likes

No Bro. Is Ok. Like that you bringing these subject. If the NoSno truck weigh has been reduced that spell good news for the DIY community :+1::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

But there is no alumiminium bracket in there, is there? :grin: Just pointing out my thread title :wink:

2 Likes

Ooh, now you’re being pedantic.
As an overhanging member that projects from the structure while being used to support the axle I do beg to differ :man_teacher:

2 Likes

Well OK then :sweat_smile: