Aluminium Brackets

@IDEA, I wonder what advantages this solution has over drop-down decks. Is it mostly a design thing (it surely looks very nice) or is there more to it?

2 Likes

What’s the deck made of? Also how long is it?

Looks super nice btw!

2 Likes

I can design the enclosure but I am not an expert in laminating, so this is a problem for me

I designed the deck and brackets because I wanted an unusual board with a unique look, it is not revolutionary. Brackets have been used for many years in LDP Long Distance, Pushing/Pumping,
but I haven’t seen an electric board with brackets

Advantages:

• You can lower the deck, change the spacing of the trucks by changing the brackets
  • Unusual look, I like it

Disadvantages:

• There is less space underneath for batteries and electronics
  • Price.

I have a few ideas to realize (unfortunately I don’t have time to do it)

• Board with folding brackets.
    Old preliminary design of such a board

• Brackets with cushioning. This only makes sense if you have a stiff deck made of carbon fiber or aluminum. I am currently designing a large board with an aluminum deck and shock absorber arms (so I don’t know if I should call them brackets)

Wood core laminated vertical, additionally inside 2 layers of fiberglass and carbon fiber, outer layers are protective foil (topsheet)

Edge is sealed with urethane

Decks are made in Poland, by professionals in this industry :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Add fiberglass to the deck! Mine has hundreds of miles on it with brackets! No cracks!

3 Likes

SOLD! :smiley: :call_me_hand:

Two layers is what I did, and I weigh 175lbs

2 Likes

The latest version of the deck with brackets, SR RKP trucks and new motor mounts

17 Likes

I love the look of the brackets, very slim :ok_hand:

3 Likes

How much room is there under the deck available for an enclosure?

It depends on the size of the wheels :smiley:

2 Likes

New bracket (left) with two mounting hole standards

And these are some new prototypes

11 Likes

I meant what’s the width and length of just the deck?

Length 720

Width 260

2 Likes

GIVE US THE DECK!!! :expressionless::smiley:

1 Like

Awesome thanks!!

1 Like

Sell me yours

They bent :sleepy:

1 Like

Oh really?
That’s a first
How? Just your weight? :sweat_smile:

I’m not exactly sure. But when I took them off the board, one of them was considerably bent.

I’m 85kg

Surprisingly enough, its the one in the foreground that is bent. Not the one in the background. How I managed to bend it downwards, I do not know.

2 Likes

The brackets with one bend look like they could be used with mountain style trucks!