All-terrain E-freeboard

too bad i had to liquidate all of mine :smiling_face_with_tear:

til next time tho

2 Likes

In regards to the choice of slipring.

4 Likes

The first step in this project is going to be making my own deck, always wanted to do this and I’m super excited to start. I’ve also decided that I’m going to need to build my own skateboard press for this purpose. I’ve searched the globe and found a bottle jack press that I like, probably not the easiest one to make but it looks really good and sturdy. I found the plan for this at DIY Skate.

press

The build also includes welding and that is also something I have to learn to be able to pull this off. The welding skill might come in handy later on in this project if I have to weld some caster parts together. Now it’s time to find some steel.

8 Likes

Nice job. Do You have some rails on sides to be leaded upper cavity? Little afraid that You are using Just one press in the middle.

3 Likes

I think it should work but I might consider two presses instead of one to get a more even load.

5 Likes

I AM HERE

I have thoughts

4 Likes

Two bottle jacks would probably be better, but I bet you’d get enough rigidity if you substituted the 2 long pieces of 2x2 angle with the same channel used in the rest of the press. The channel substitution with two jacks would really be tits though.

2 Likes

Finally!

2 Likes

Idk what i expected

Got me some steel.

Pretty hard to get the exact right ones but I bought these angle irons 4x4x0.3 cm cheep at a local hardware shop. I’m going to use only angle iron instead of both channel and angle iron. The build is going to be pretty much the same as the diyskate.com press with the exception that I’m going to make it a bit wider and maybe with two bottle jacks.

3 Likes

Base done. It’s 130cm wide and 90cm high. Because I made it wider it might need some welding to make it more sturdy, I will try to add two square tubes between the bottom supports.

3 Likes

First weld. Look like shit but it holds.

4 Likes

Bro.
Just finished building a press here.
Still building mould.
Maybe consider pressing up, don’t need return springs?
Some pics on my workshop thread.
Great project! Good luck :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Is this enclosure a single body same as previous DRFTB? or like SB with Castor base cover parts and a middle top box?
The allure of a e-freeboard that looks much like a standard freebord with capsule slip ring, hub motor and somewhat hidden battery is pretty great.

I would weigh in that AT/some trick riding nearly requires the clearance gained from a top box.

1 Like

Looks awesome! That’s a pro-press for real, love the red. I was considering pressing up but I was worrying about the bottle jacks would be messed up with all the glue. What kind of molds are you making now, wood, concrete, I saw you made wooden molds before?

Making a concrete mould to match with one of the wooden composite mould I made. Have made a plywood box formwork. Planning to pour the concrete over a dense foam layer over the timber mould to give me the right offset for the deck (if that makes sense)

Cool. Have the same idea but I’m a few steps behind obviously. Going to make a wooden mold to press my first blank then the plan is to make a concrete mold from that blank or I might use the wooden mold, we’ll see. But if I know myself I’m going to be satisfied with the wooden mold until it breaks.

3 Likes

This looks like another possible option 3D-Printed Skateboard Deck Mold - YouTube

1 Like

The plan is to have everything underneath the deck just like before, but I need to change the design. The original Leiftech enclosure might work better than the DRFTB one (you can get the caster wheel closer to the board that way). The other option is to separate the casters from the enclosure and try to fit all electronic in that middle enclosure.

1 Like

Progressing. Two 6 ton bottle jacks reporting for duty.

4 Likes