[ALL SOLD] Meepo 165mm Cyclone Racing tires set

Thanks @frame . Arrived very quickly to Perth Australia

9 Likes

have fun with them! let me know if u need more, still got plenty of stock to go around

4 Likes

These 4 sets are going to 4 different people who all race in ERL over here so if they go well I’m sure more sets will be bought.

3 Likes

wow damn :eyes: indoor go kart track or something? i wonder how they hold up. can u also post some pic after the race is finish? kinda want some idea how the wear are on those with hard riding

3 Likes

Yep definitely :+1:

And yes indoor cart track.

5 Likes

How do you guys like these tires so far?

2 Likes

As still no stock of Land-surf XCell RS Tires would these fit on the RS1 - Wides ?

Anyone know ?

Thanx

1 Like

if u have the wheel hub diameter and width, i can tell u if they would fit or not. or u can PM me some pic to check

2 Likes

Tyres installed on Newbee hubs ready for Round 2 of ERL tri series. :crossed_fingers: they perform well!

They feel quite soft and sticky compared to the 165mm Trampa Urban treads that i just had on. I’m predicting better grip but faster wearing than the Trampa tyres. Will report back on Sunday night or Monday.

6 Likes

looks like the two tires on the motor side are facing wrong direction :flushed: :flushed:

1 Like

Won’t matter by sunday or monday the tread will be gone :rofl:

7 Likes

still matters for the first 400m of the race :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

I honestly dont know what way around they are supposed to go. I always seem to get it wrong but don’t really notice.

But I’ll switch them around if it makes u feel better haha

4 Likes

the curve should be pointing forward for water displacement

4 Likes

Aint no water on an indoor track though haha. But yeah, I’ll switch them if they are designed to go a certain way for the testing analysis :+1:

2 Likes

not sure how much grip difference there would be if any, but its better everyone has the correct setup just in case

2 Likes

I found this from Schwalbe (albeit for bicycles which are pretty close), sounds like it probably wouldn’t matter much if at all for road tires.

What does the tire tread do? On a normal, smooth road, the tread has only limited influence on the riding properties. The grip generated by the tire on the road is almost exclusively the result of the rubber compound. Unlike a car, a bicycle will not aquaplane. The contact area is much smaller and the contact pressure is much higher. The floating effect of aquaplaning could only theoretically be achieved on a bicycle ridden at speeds over 200 km/h.

Why ride a slick tire? On a normal, smooth road, even in wet conditions, a slick tire actually provides better grip than a tire with a tread, because the contact area is larger. The situation is much different on a rough road and even worse on a dirt trail. In these cases the degree of control provided by a slick tire is extremely limited. Off road though, the tread is very important. In this situation the tread establishes an interlocking cog-like connection with the ground and enables the transmission of all driving, braking and steering forces. On rough or dirty roads, the tread can also contribute to better control.

Why are so many treads direction dependant? In the case of a road tire the rolling direction is mainly important for aesthetic considerations. Tires marked with arrows simply look more dynamic… Off road, the rolling direction is far more important, as the tread ensures optimum connection between the tire and the ground. The rear wheel transmits the driving force and the front wheel transmits the braking and steering forces. Driving and braking forces operate in different directions. That is why certain tires are fitted in opposite rotating directions when used as front and rear tires. There are also treads without a specified rotating direction.

7 Likes

let’s go to the top

1 Like

To the moooon

1 Like

Raced with these tyres tonight on indoor concrete track and they were the grippiest yet out of the following: stretched Evolve 175mm on 60mm wide hub, stretched Trampa Urban carver 165mm on 60mm wide hub, Sunmate 150mm, Stooge BRP 150mm

The wear was pretty good too. Will add a pic and maybe video soon.

This is purely indoor concrete go-kart track. Hands down the Stooge BRP tyres are grippiest on a bitumen/tarmac surface!

12 Likes