All In One Schematic / Diagrams

Great job @glyphiks , Very useful

1 Like

This is for the CNC or 3D print? Sorry, Iā€™m a kinda noob.
This is more for the protection or the heat dissipation?

Itā€™s just a 3D model of the ESC if you wanted to design around it.

1 Like

i think this would fit better in this thread:

5 Likes

Waitā€¦ am I reading this correctly that to use this switch i need to connect to BOTH UART ports AND daisy chain into the CAN?

What a prick of a switch

2 Likes

I donā€™t remember how to connect it, but I am sure it didnā€™t involve CANBUS or UART.

1 Like

The schematic sure as hell looks like thatā€™s what is happening

1 Like

I think itā€™s: connect ā€œ2ā€ to ā€œ2ā€ and then either

• ground that to turn it on

OR

• ground that permanently to use roll to start / auto shutoff
1 Like

Why does the schematic show the GND going to CAN? Surely GND is GND and i can just put it in the COMMS GND?

1 Like

Yes, you can do that.

2 Likes

When you guys work this out can you please draw a correct and easy to understand diagram. Thanks.

Ask please lemme know which switch it is you are having an issue with, is it built in to the vescs? (So youā€™re just using a momentary switch?) I have some of these vescs Iā€™m gonna use and not up to that bit yet :joy:

1 Like

Lol the schematic is correctā€¦ i hope :rofl: i suppose they just drew the GND going to CAN so that you could still pin an accessory into one of the UART ports.

1 Like

1 Like

if u r using option 3, u need to use the switch pin connect to any GND pin, on all the vecs u want to roll to start

for option 2, u can ā€œprobablyā€ get away with using the GND in the SWD port (the middle pin)

I knew someone also confused about the pin out and finally got a switch working, @Takachi14 was it you?

2 Likes

I want option 1

1 and 3 probably can go into SWD instead of CAN, depending on what voltage SWD VCC pin output, u might even be able to use that also

dumb design tho

1 and 3 are the common ground from the switch and the LED ground.

I put it into the GND on the COMMS portā€¦

Iā€™m kinda thinking its not that hard to put it into the CAN thoā€¦ i should probably just follow the picture. It just means if i want to disconnect the switch i need to pull the can cable out as well to depin it. Seems like a fuck around

if u donā€™t need that uart port, then ya u can use that

just use a small bullet connector there, so u can just unplug if u need to pull whichever one out, save urself of depining the jst plug, then fuck up the little tab later on

1 Like

I donā€™t need the uart port at this stage and if i do in the future its gonna be a fuck around anyway cos of this switch wiring.

Thatā€™s 2 votes now for ok to use that GND, so iā€™m feeling better about it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

donā€™t count on my vote, we r just assuming all GND is just GND like any other GND, but u know how trampa likes to innovate / redesign things. let us know if u pop anything :rofl: