All I want is a frickin' enclosure

3 Likes

Thanks for the link. I have a 12s4p eboosted universal enclosure with gasket ready to ship.

3 Likes

Fishpaper and foam :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good call, I’ll add that to the old brain bucket! :ok_hand:

@Skunk I looked at these guys. Soon as I saw the Euro bongo-bucks I waived off. Anyone on the US East Coast ordered from these guys? How are delivery times? They look like an awesome sources.

Jesus Christ, what did you heat it with a volcano?

11 Likes

Lol my experience with heat gun on abs is similar. Hard to get enough heat ito the spot you want without a huge area going floppy, or burning smells (toxic!).

2 Likes

Maybe I’m just lucky. I’ve never had that problem.

2 Likes

What’s your heat gun? :slight_smile: I was using a harbor freight gun and one of those cheap hot air rework 858 units.

1 Like

I have an old Maketa and a Harbor Freight Heat Gun, they are pretty much identical.

1 Like

You made me think a bit. Next time I’ll try wet towels and whatnot to try to keep the heat where I want it. Oh, I’m usually not working on full enclosures. Like parts of enclosures and such.

My method is pretty simple. I use 1/2x1/2x20in pieces of wood on edges, held in place with spring clamps. You just have to be careful how long you keep the heat on it, there is fine line between flexible and puddle of plastic :slight_smile:.

4 Likes

does big ben have a website?
What enclosures does he have and what are the prices like? Someone said “same as psycotiller”, but his ranges from $40 - $70

1 Like

Inbox him :grin:

1 Like

bigben is doing high quality FG boxes at charity prices, as in he’s donating his time to our community. Usually around $60+ship. Does not make sense for the amount of effort it must take.

4 Likes

This is as far as I’ve got!
Prices have risen slightly.

7 Likes

@bigben’s enclosures are the best, tough, form fitting and sleek.

I got guilt tripped standing in Dave’s garage building my battery pack and got his enclosure on my board instead. At least I got it on the spot instead of having to wait for eternity like most seem to nowadays.

I do miss Dave’s old two piece enclosures, much easier messing with settings by removing only the back half

I scuffed Ben’s enclosure, so now I’m planning to coat it with truck bedliner spray before hopefully get it lined up with my deck’s inserts and drilling.

2 Likes

Big Ben looks like some nice stuff, need to check that out. Also my Buddy @Broly makes a sweet custom enclosure as well. He’ll custom form it to your deck, you just gotta send him the deck.

6 Likes

I got the bigger one made for you here remember.

3 Likes

of course. that’s for the next 2020 build, that deck is being delivered to Tim today!

5 Likes