All I want is a frickin' enclosure

Vacuum-formed ABS is a wonderful scaffold for fiberglass though.

8 Likes

Try making your own. You’ll find out pretty quickly that Alan’s prices are very reasonable :+1:

6 Likes

@glyphiks This is true across so many things. @deucesdown I ordered the Altar. Dimensions were perfect. 40 inch bottlenose blank I got from skateshred: image . Ya, ya, cheap - save it cuz I know it. Actually pretty nice looking deck in person, and I wanted to get some of my kids art transferred to it.

5 Likes

If you haven’t gotten a refund yet. you can try blowing up his social media. that seems to be the only way to get through to him.
But really you can get an enclosure for about the same price from ben.

3 Likes

Dudes. You are all aces. Thanks so much for the input.

1 Like

Oh I almost forgot! These are good, the seller is reliable, but it’s from Russia I think, and will take a month or more.

Nothing wrong with cheap! My first eboard deck was a Funbox Dist Suzie Slide Through, around $60. Awesome.

3 Likes

Yeah. I really don’t know much about them. Except that everyday I go and stare at the deck and enclosure combo I really need to not buy for the Carver I really need not to build…

I just got one in not the mail today :grinning:

2 Likes

Noooooooo. Stop it. Tell me it is horrible.

3 Likes

I’m not even going to open it because it’s going to sender for a skin

2 Likes

Nooooo. Stop it. So jelly… Fuck

2 Likes

And breathing in a lot of styrene

2 Likes

@BigBen gets another vote from me.

10 Likes

The enclosure is poo poo abs. A layer of your composite of choice should sturdy it up.

The board is sex.

3 Likes

I definitely wanna strengthen the enclosure. No idea how tho

1 Like

I’ll probably keep it simple and line-x it. I’m not married to the enclosure (it could be bigger, and unsegmented) so I’ll be happy w/ however long it lasts.

1 Like

We should buy one for @BigBen and have him make an enclosure

4 Likes

Remember carbon fiber conducts electricity and therefore blocks radio signals. Fiberglass for the win

2 Likes

What deck? Might the enclosure from the 9two5 work for it?

@BigBen