Alcor Telemetry Paid App

Gear S3 runs tizen os. Unfortunately almost nothing has tizen support.

3 Likes

Well damn. F me I guess. :rofl:

Iā€™m in the same boat

2 Likes

Makes three of us

3 Likes

ok so the regular Vesc app works correct? make sure the board is not connected to your phone then swipe left to get to settings then press scan and click on the Vesc when it shows up

perfectly fine with anyone using my repo. I havenā€™t added build instructions but hereā€™s a hint once buildozer sets up the build files it will fail to build unless you copy in the style.xml into the build files.

1 Like

I wonder if I could make a Tizen app. idk how constrained the os is

3 Likes

Could be a fun project :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Samsung dumped tizen with their newest watch. Itā€™s a dead end platform, but itā€™s up to you.

3 Likes

Yeah thank god, it looks so much better with AW on it

Makes me want to upgrade but there are zero issues with my current watch so that doesnā€™t make sense

Iā€™ve been told countless times that it was a hassle. But if you do, thereā€™s some good to it. Since they stopped Tizen, you wonā€™t have to worry about having to upkeep it for future tech(on Samsungā€™s side). Itā€™ll just always work with any older Samsung watch. I have no idea what to say to try and convince you other than:

Pweeze
Pwetty pweeze.

6 Likes

My watch is fairly useless. Spotify app doesnā€™t even work right. I just wear it so I can reply to texts in class without getting my phone taken away.

2 Likes

I mostly use it as a watch, fitness tracker, and notification reader

1 Like

@rocketstrong got it working on my ancient Tickwatch E!! Thanks for the hint, compilation was kind of a pain. I just fiddled around with minimum supported sdk version until I managed to deploy the apk on my watch.

Iā€™ll be submitting a PR to your repo in case you want to add support for these older devices. I will also try to fix the styles.xml problem, but Iā€™m not familiar with buildozer, so that could take a while :sweat_smile:. If you decide not to support these, please DM your paypal so I can pay for the app!!

4 Likes

The flipsky BLE module can only connect to their own remote afaik, its not a ā€œrealā€ BLE module like trampa f.e. uses.

2 Likes

I would be happy to support older versions I just have no way to test compatibility.

1 Like

Just went for a ride and it works like a charm, so I opened the PR. Count me in if you need testers!

6 Likes

Question. Iā€™m looking into grabbing a cheap watchoff Kijiji Ebay or Amazon. It would serve this app as its only purpose. What am I supposed to search for to ensure the watch can work?

3 Likes

You can pick up any watch that has Android Wear and if my update comes through, is at least version 2.32 (Android 8). For example, this is mine:

IMG_20211023_085846_029

However, I would strongly recommend you get something a little bit more modern, because mine is sometimes infuriating to use. The mediatek SoC older watches used is absolute dogshit and even though when the app is running itā€™s just fine, launching it takes like 30 secondsā€¦

4 Likes

Fuck ā€¦ I skipped that part.

Committed to buying a watch tonight
Fossil Carlyle 5th gen

The fact that the watch can buy the app would mean Iā€™m fine?

(Donā€™t have it yet, seller agreed to see if it was available)

4 Likes