Advise on analog setup for oldskool deck

Looking for any recommendations on what type of trucks and wheels to put on this deck.

The new deal 30th - Tricycle Kid Andy Howell Skateboard Deck 9.625"

1 Like

Better get some variflex trucks. Or plastic Nash trucks. No bearings or bushings needed. :rofl:

what sort of riding do you want to do on it?

Sorry, i don’t get the joke? Are you implying it’s a shit deck and should not bother wasting money on it?

Not at all man.

2 Likes

I brought the deck with the intention to electrify it but it sucked as an esk8. Now it’s just collecting dust in the corner so thought I’d try it as analog deck. Just planning to use it for crusing.

I would try to find something used, especially for the wheels, but if you are buying new…

Paris V3 150mm at 43 degrees, Riptide WFB bushings, 77a Orangutang wheels, whatever diameter you can get away with using a single riser pad.

2 Likes

Biggie Hawgs on Paris V3 would be my suggestion.

Carvy enough without having oversized wheels. Perfect for getting around a campus-like area.

3 Likes

Carver c7 thank me later

Can you use Paris trucks on a regular skate board? I thought they were longboard trucks and wouldn’t work well on a short wheelbase. I assumed I’d need a regular skate board truck like a pair of independents.

They work, you just get a smaller wheelbase than what TKPs would offer. But that’s offset by the truck itself being RKP, so stability should be similar if not better.

1 Like

I’d go for some 159mm Paris TKPs with some WFB cones and either Chubby or Fatty Hawgs

2 Likes

Not seeing 159mm as an option. Do you think 169mm would work instead?

If you’re in the UK then skatehut has Paris TKPs

1 Like

My bad it’s the 149mm

1 Like