Advice needed - shipping battery pack by air

I am looking to have a 16ah battery pack shipped from the California to Hawaii. Since I am in Hawaii, I have to ship by air. USPS is out. Anyone have a preferred carrier for shipping batteries by air? Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

USPS will ship it if its installed in a device. I’ve been able to ship batteries installed in an enclosure. I actually have one being delivered there on Monday.

3 Likes

Send it installed in a skateboard.
If they are “built” in to some device its easier to ship it, call some curriers to check

1 Like

all courier will do it, its just a matter of paperwork. packing the battery inside an enclosure and calling it “battery in equipment” is the most common way to ship them.

2 Likes

Put it in a bottle.

1 Like

You’ve been shit posting all week bro :rofl:

1 Like

It didn’t say serious. My shit posts are good for the soul.

3 Likes

Calling @longhairedboy and @eBoosted to share your international battery shipping wisdom, because I have also been wondering about this stuff.

3 Likes

place it on stiff cardboard to keep it from flexing around if its the segmented type, wrap it in as much bubble wrap as you can, drop it in a box too big for it that already has some peanuts on it, fill the void with more peanuts so that you have to squeeze the flaps closed a bit, tape all edges and seams thoroughly, get a fedex account and use international economy.

thats how i do it.

edit: the rules change with some frequency so consult fedex hazmat, they’ll tell you if you need special declarations or UN labels this time or not.

5 Likes

So shipping from California to Hawaii is considered international?

not sure what that would fall under. Ground doesn’t go to Hawaii afaik so probably Express. I don’t think its considered international.

2 Likes

Usps will not ship batteries by air. You need to use FedEx

3 Likes

@longhairedboy @eBoosted thank you guys for sharing your info :slight_smile: really helpful to an enterprising Duck like me

3 Likes

so…intl is happening? :drooling_face: :drooling_face:

1 Like

Perhaps… :grin:

1 Like

https://pe.usps.com/text/pub52/pub52c6_004.htm

https://www.ups.com/assets/resources/webcontent/en_US/pack_ship_batteries.pdf

Leaving this info here

2 Likes

they probably saw that documentary where a battery fire burned a plane midair