ADHD Board ver 1.2a

• not actual sponsored by torqueboard.
    This board has been in the planning for 1 year now. Started out as a 4x4 rebuild of a broken down Evolve GT was to have 2 pairs of evolve rear trucks fron ones with custom reverse mounts running 4 6354 190kv motors battery was to be a 12x6 sony vtc6 pack. But after problems with one of the spare vescs, and running 4 motors on the workbench and riding a mates 4x4 left me underwhelmed and realised doesnt really suit what I want in a board.
    Current plan is evolve rebuild is scrapped in favour of Torqueboard 40 deck 2 x 6884 motors or maybe 80100s. Gear drive? pressision trucks.
    Modular battery 12s4 or 8P. The rest will evolve as it comes together

Step one battery I have 100 Littokala 21700 cells bought recently during alibarba black friday sale around $200.
2 x bestech d140 charge only bms each layer will have its own bms. BMS will be upgraded to flex lite smart bms’s when they come on the market. Both packs can be used as a stand alone or together in parallel.
I couldnt find pcbs design for 21700 so i stole a build technique from Longhairboy.
1 completed one side of pack 1 today.

Each side is packed in its own shrink tube due to the limitations of the TB40 enclosure cutout i dont have much space to spare.

5 Likes

Nickel strip is 99.9% .2mm I had to upgrade my battery 120C for my kweld and i has to dial it down a lot I still managed to blow holes in double layer nickel.
Step 1 glue your p Group together 4 x 1 then line them up alternating ends up to make a battery block wrap in tape to hold together while spot welding.
Important: use positive end protectors made of thick barley paper.

Chinese Cells
They are cheap.
And capacity is real I have tested 8 and i get just over 4 amps capacity. The current rating is exaggerated this pack on paper will put out 320amps but realistically they are 20 amp cells not 40amp (40 maybe a 1 sec burst). Longevity capacity does decline more rapidly compared to korean cells. But if you do your research and know what you are buying. A 44V 32000Mah pack for $200US yes please…

7 Likes

Layer 1 battery done.
Just need xt90

4 Likes

100 21700 cells for $200?!?!
holy shit, thats a great deal!
Cant wait to see the range on this thing when complete! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The motors I have settled on 2 x Maytech 6880 180kv 10mm shaft. To save money I am mounting 2 x flipsky ver. 6.6 singles pcbs on a heatsink with a copper shim under the fets. Top fets will be removed as they are the antispark switch not required. Switch will be a loopkey to be replaced with a diy AS down the track. Due to the size of the battery with 2 layers I may need to use a custom enclosure. DiY are promising a 21700 dual layer enclosure but I will be for a east west battery layout with offset layers not a 43mm high monster like mine. I have 4 metres of CF 6 metres of fibreglass and 2 litres of epoxy and perforated peel sheet and 10 mettres of airbag tubing and sealing tape. Just need pump, hose and a fuck ton of patients. I may also have some new focbox’s soon not made by enertion.

What battery did you upgrade to for your kweld?

This isnt it it exactly. it’s no longer available. hard case 8000mah 3s2p I paid $120au but mine had a slightly higher current rating. But that massive over kill, done 3 packs with it now and about to start a 12S6S monster (2 layer offset) tonight silicon glued (stole that idea from you)

I am really having second thoughts about using both battery layers in this build. Weight and dimension of the pack means it will be a bit of belly dragger, the extra work to build an custom enclosure and added weight is a bit of a deal breaker. I have a single stack enclosure on order I might see how that goes. The few tests i have done show 1 layer has more sag that my vtc6 pack.