IMG_1714

14 Likes

Maybe filtering unhelpful pond scum would be a good start too

11 Likes

lord-of-the-rings-lotr

3 Likes

:eyes: Good morning

2 Likes

+1 on the need for one or more additional mods.

Because left unchecked:
humans + semi-anonymous internet forum = high levels of immature and unproductive discourse

On a positive note: Thanks to the multiple constructive members who have spread awareness of the “ignore” functionality by mentioning it in other threads in the last 6 months.

Unfortunately, passive actions are insufficient to increase participation from vendors and to attract (and retain) new members.

10 Likes

If the ban hammer cleanup is coming, id like to suggest second tier for myself…

just dont wanna go out with these other cunts is all…

1 Like

Agreed

11 Likes

I’d just like to weigh in here and say that I’ve been mostly off the form for ~a year now, and after coming back I’m pretty disappointed with the current state of things.

Seems like the majority of the stuff on here these days is just pointless bickering and trolling. Frankly, the clusterfuck in the battery builders club is an embarrassment to this forum, and skimming through it is so exhausting/frustrating that I’m seriously tempted to just leave this site and not look back.

Additionally, the lenient approach taken towards dealing with trolls and others with no intent to contribute to the community is admirable in its moral purity, but frankly I think it detracts from the experience of everyone here who isn’t operating in bad faith.

20 Likes

Good to see that pfp again dude!

Oooh shit what’s going on in battery builders? Brb

1 Like

Even though I’m one of the people bickering in the battery thread, I’ve gotta agree with you. I’ve muted anyone I’m likely to fight with, gonna try to live and learn

4 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for sharing your thoughts about the forum’s administration. Your input is helpful.

We (the admins) will discuss this and consider the suggestions. We appreciate your patience; if we decide to make any changes, they will likely come slowly and incrementally.

I also ask that everyone remain aware of the effort that already goes into maintaining the forum in its current configuration, even as there are potential improvements that could be made. I’m a volunteer and community member myself, and I donate my time and service because I care deeply about our art/sport/passion of esk8 and the people who make this community awesome. If we can make it a little more awesome, together, I’m in favor of that.

20 Likes