ACEDECK ARES X1 - 14S4P 4WD TKP

fyi, i asked acedeck if they sold their tkp trucks separately. For a 2wd setup, Front truck is 299 and rear is 399. Better off just buying savage1 trucks.

3 Likes

Damn that’s steep

1 Like

Just spend a few hundred more and get a lacroix barrel at that point. Better esc, pack construction, remote. Unless you really want to ride urethane wheels, the barrel is a better board in every way.

Esc could be the 9043 hobbywing version. Seems to have the same motor detection as the 9028 with less button presses.

I saw wowgo listed their new esc’s were hobbywing version 5 as being 9043, Tynee have a new hw version also in one of their boards which has braking and throttle percentage adjustments in the remote menu.

A few of the remotes with the 9028 versions I have don’t pair with the earlier 9006 and vice versa but I do have one version that gives the option to pair with either 9006 or 9028 in the remote menu.

Acedeck for sure. They fixed their ESC issues, which was just a few boards from the first batch, and Zeus Pro trucks are bending and snapping left and right still. Forged isn’t better than CNC at all. Also, 8mm vs 10mm axles.

After going end over end while trying to do street things with my mountain board, I wanted a street specific build while performing some repairs on my DIY.

I still have less skills than a grandpa DJ so I’m not looking for the fastest board. 30 mph and 30 miles for a group ride.

$1500 and 3 day shipping seemed too good to be true.

What can I say … I should have bought a barrel.

I’ve been going back and forth with customer support for a week now after the board died immediately under load. I’m about to open her up as directed. Let me know if folks want me to take a look at anything for science.

I’m a SWE not an EE so use small words.

Were you able to get a good repair or replacement?

Let me know if you end up needing help with repairs.

1 Like

Just got the tracking number for a new battery today. It’s been quite painful with a single diagnostic step per 24-48 hours and really only accessible over Facebook messenger ( I had avoided logging into one of Facebook’s products for years)

The current battery is testing low, around 24v.

I haven’t been given instructions for the old battery. Worth attempting to salvage if they don’t request it back?

2 Likes

Nah, 24v is pretty low for 14s. Those cells are well below 2v each.

3 Likes

I was about to go on a tangent about the risk/reward proposition of reviving PEV batteries but @TheBoardGarage 's video sums up everything I would’ve said in a likely more easily digestible manner.

5 Likes

I received my replacement battery Wednesday and was able to get it in the board the same night. The shrink wrap and plastic sheeting protecting the old battery took damage on removal, but that must be expected based on the glue. I’m planning on dropping it off at home desperate on my next run.

I got the board out for a quick mild run yesterday before the atmospheric river hit the Bay area.

I’m definitely less salty now that I have a working board. It is quite nice looking and can go plenty fast even on eco mode. The deck fits my stance nicely 5’11") and the mild drop-down gives plenty of stability on my rear foot. The rear bash guards are a very comfortable grab handle.

The battery has discharge ports from both ends to support the four-wheel drive option. Since I got the two wheel drive option this leaves the ESC Bay and cable runs available for accessories in the future.

Overall I’m pretty happy with the board at the moment and think it will do a lot to reduce my range anxiety :grin:

Now to get some better bushings.

3 Likes

Hi guys, looks like is possible to put on ace deck cnc rims Hota tyres. Is it true?

1 Like

I don’t see why it wouldn’t be possible. Doesn’t Acedeck also sell cnc hubs?

2 Likes

Question to all. Is there a way to overide the factory set speed? I know this will void warranty, but I wanted to know if there is like a Gouverneur to make it go faster. Thank you all!

No, you are locked into the predetermined ESC speed settings from the factory. In able to modify you would need to swap out the ESC for a VESC-based one and then you can change parameters.

2 Likes

Why would you need to do that? All the reviews I see on this thing say it’s really really really fast

There are 4 speed settings, the S+ is plenty fast for me and should top out the boards speed (37 mph), or close to it.

I took mine up a mountain bike trail with @zero_ads and @surfnacho in S most of the time for 20 miles. It kept up at reasonable speeds (30?), but not gonna out pace those custom monsters.

I was impressed, and happy I didn’t need a tow home after pushing it hard on some off-road.

2 Likes

Yeah we hit 30 a few times

2 Likes